• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spin-off series you enjoy more than the mainline series

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Do you count Mega Man X as a spinoff? If so than I prefer the first one to any of the classic Mega Man games.
that's an interesting question actually, maybe side series? feels like it has it's own pull to be more than just a spin off, I mean heck even it has a spin off w/ Command Mission
I prefer Rune Factory quite a bit more over Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons.
they're the same franchise?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
One of my favorite games is Pokémon Conquest, and I really wish they'd make another one! I also enjoy the Mystery Dungeon games, but while I think they've got amazing story, I'd say the main series has (or at least had ) better gameplay.

Would you count 3D Mario as a spin-off from 2D Mario? XD

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
that's an interesting question actually, maybe side series? feels like it has it's own pull to be more than just a spin off, I mean heck even it has a spin off w/ Command Mission
You could say the same thing about Metroid Prime. It’s kind of its own thing, even having two spinoffs of its own, but I’d still call them mainline Metroid games despite not being numbered entries.

Donkey Kong Country is a lot more fun then arcade Donkey Kong.

Mega Man Zero is amazing. Still love Classic though.

This is just a one-off, but Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon isn't as tedious as Final Fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom