• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Speedrunning

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
I was wondering,what everyone here's opinion is on speedrunning,and if there are anyone here is a speedrunner.
Speedrunning is nothing more than playing a game with the intent of completing it as fast as possible.
People speedrun to challenge themselves, to see a game pushed to the limits, and to get extra replay value out of a game.- speedrunslive.com

I am a speedrunner and have been for about a year(I think)and the games I speedrun being: Pac-Man World 2,Crash Bandicoot the Huge Adventure,Crash Bandicoot:the Wrath of Cortex,Mega Man X,Super Mario Bros USA(Advance),Rayman 3,Sonic Heroes and Ristar.

P.S.I know it's been a really long time since I've been here(Mostly due to me watching streams and streaming of Twitch)I hope to start being more active here in the coming days.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I like to complete a game in good time. The sooner I can complete it, the sooner I can play it again or another game. However, I loathe skipping stuff and speedrunning feels more like work than fun to me.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
That depends on the game for me really. If it's a game meant to go fast, I'm all for going fast as possible. But if it's a story driven game like an RPG, then speedrunning is absolutely something I cannot see myself doing, and games like that are in a way bigger majority of what I play. When playing games, I generally like to immerse myself into the world and take in everything, even if I've played them before, and I just can't do that when speedrunning.

All in all, I can see why some people like to speedrun, but it's just not for me.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I'm not really a big fan of speedrunning it. I'm not a fan of time constraints, and all speed running feels like is one big rush and a self imposed time crunch. I like taking my time in a game, even old retro games, to let the atmosphere soak in.

That and I'm WAY too clumsy to even bother to do it. I run too fast and fall of a cliff or something :I

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Speadruns are amazing to watch but honestly I prefer game races.
Speadruns are usually serious and are work like others have said. Races are more relaxed because you can mess up.

Salem

SICK
Speedrunning is fun to watch other to do, speaking about myself, I don't always try to replicate every technique I see, but I like to finish certain games faster just to challenge myself, but sometimes I just wanna take my time.:)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I've been learning how to speed run Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. I really like to watch Super MC Gamer's speed runs. He's really good and his streams are always entertaining. I'd like to stream some speed runs someday. Maybe when I get better internet.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I speedrun platformers all the time. I've play

I speedrun platformers all the time. I've played Sonic Colours DS until I knew every level like the back of my hand. I've gotten best possible time in World 1 of Super Mario World. Speedrunning is really fun imo, because it makes me feel like Sonhedge the Ichog.

I enjoy watching speedruns. It's fun to marvel at the difficult maneuvers and see glitches exploited and stuff. Especially for games I've played, it's fascinating to see all of the sequence breaking if any is possible. Sometimes, if I'm considering buying a game, I'll watch a speedrun of it to get sort of an abridged version of the game to help make my decision as well.

I don't do any speedrunning myself. It seems to be in the domain of extremely skilled players, one of which I am not. I don't think I have nearly enough patience to do a TAS speedrun either.

Fig

The Altruist
Though I don't speedrun as much as others, I really do love replaying a game again and challenging myself to finish the game in the shortest amount of time as possible. It really is a lot of fun and I do plan to speedrun more often whenever I have the free time to do so. Hopefully I will have more time in the summer when everything is fast-paced and filled with activity, at least in my life. :P

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
To all those saying that speedrunning seems like a lot of work:
It can be a lot of work,if you are trying for World Record,or are very serious about doing it,when you first start out in a speedrun,you aren't going to try for world record,or try to go for all the strats on your first run,you should start by learning the easy strats and slowly work your way up,and if you end up getting good enough and have a very good chance at getting WR,that's when you should try for it...that's just I generally do,but I might not be the best person to take speedrunning advice from considering I'm still kinda new to it,and am not very experienced yet.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I like speed-running when it isn't just 'find the best glitch'. Pure, actual speed-running, going through the game in the fastest time, I think is quite entertaining. But I dislike the glitchy ones where it's just a test to see who can do the most glitches quickest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom