• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Spaceballs: The Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Not finding much motivation to play in a bastard game tbh.

For those who suspect me - think what type of town role would be characterized by nervous play. Yes, my vote for Pendio wasn't much to go off, but it was the best I could do at time. Sometimes townies appear scummy as well. The important thing to note is if there was content to back up my push.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My thing with Pen yesterday was I didnt think Vespa was in the game. Yes, there are characters that would recognize her, but I found her presence in the game doubtful.
Ill do reads later.
It hate posts like this. It seems really opportunistic. I've never liked placing votes on people just because they say something that you just happen to not believe, even though there's no real reason not to believe it. I came in too late in the day to say anything (I was on the road all night and then sleeping all day so I hadn't seen this thread), but I would have been completely against the Pendio lynch. He gave us early information. Whether it was truly helpful or not is irrelevant, he gave us clear information, and for that reason, he should've been kept alive because we never could have known how useful his role actually was. The whole lynch left a sour taste in my mouth, and I'm quite suspicious of both you and Alit, but moreso you at this point. Your vote seemed far too convenient. Also, I like how you chose Pendio over Alit, saving your scumbud perhaps while also saying you'd be ok with his death to try to make yourself look more town? Everything about your vote reeks.

Unvote

Don't ever see scum Mido unvoting here instead of voting the counter wagon.
What do you mean? His vote was on Pendio, and it was clearly an RVS vote. Why would he join the counter wagon when that would've required a vote on yourself? That's terrible, terrible scum play. Mido isn't leaning scum for me, but this is a really bad reason to think he's town.

Yeah, Pens role sounds somewhat BS and/or Bastardized.
I mean, considering this is bastard game... literally anything is possible. Hell, Vespa may not even be in this game for all we know. That's why I so strongly disliked the Pendio wagon. Obviously, in a game like this, it's easy for anybody to make up anything. But even with that being considered, anything is possible, so anything is believable. It's very possible that Pendio's role would never work if Vespa isn't in the game, that's the point of a bastard game. It's supposed to be chaotic and ****ed up. That's why Pendio should've been given the benefit of the doubt the minute he made his initial statement about Vespa.

For those who suspect me - think what type of town role would be characterized by nervous play. Yes, my vote for Pendio wasn't much to go off, but it was the best I could do at time. Sometimes townies appear scummy as well. The important thing to note is if there was content to back up my push.
Assuming I get what you're implying, I have an idea what role you're softclaiming, but I won't say it in the open.

I just don't know where to go. I think I'm the scummiest player at this point lol
I hope you realize this doesn't help your case in the slightest, nor do the majority of your Day 2 posts.

Aside from Deku and Alit, I have my eye on YIGAhim for being somewhat reckless and just generally making posts that don't really add anything to the discussion at hand. Unfortunately, it's really hard to read newbies because you've never seen them play before, and they're just learning.

For now, my scum list is probably as follows:

DekuNut
A Link In time
YIGAhim

I also have a hunch that Deku may not just be scum, but that he's actually Princess Vespa. Some of his day 1 posts make me feel this way, but it's not a strong hunch. I'm suspicious of him either way, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

As for townies, the only person I have a solid lean on is Bok, and that's only based on what others have said about his post restriction. Everybody else is neutral to me (since nobody is really posting).

Vote: DekuNut

Mido

Version 1
Not finding much motivation to play in a bastard game tbh

It probably doesn't help that you were engaging in battle on the big man's forums (So yeah, I sort of kept tabs on the game! :D ) But as far as your reasons went, I thought they were fair even if not particularly strong, although I excused it at the time given the timing.

It hate posts like this. It seems really opportunistic. I've never liked placing votes on people just because they say something that you just happen to not believe, even though there's no real reason not to believe it. I came in too late in the day to say anything (I was on the road all night and then sleeping all day so I hadn't seen this thread), but I would have been completely against the Pendio lynch. He gave us early information. Whether it was truly helpful or not is irrelevant, he gave us clear information, and for that reason, he should've been kept alive because we never could have known how useful his role actually was. The whole lynch left a sour taste in my mouth, and I'm quite suspicious of both you and Alit, but moreso you at this point. Your vote seemed far too convenient. Also, I like how you chose Pendio over Alit, saving your scumbud perhaps while also saying you'd be ok with his death to try to make yourself look more town? Everything about your vote reeks.

I didn't like the post either; seemed slightly too quick to dismiss it although by that point Pendio was dead no matter what. My main gripe was his effort to buddy up on a lynch, which I mentioned previously in a similar vein to what you said.

hope you realize this doesn't help your case in the slightest, nor do the majority of your Day 2 posts.

Aside from Deku and Alit, I have my eye on YIGAhim for being somewhat reckless and just generally making posts that don't really add anything to the discussion at hand. Unfortunately, it's really hard to read newbies because you've never seen them play before, and they're just learning.

For now, my scum list is probably as follows:

DekuNut
A Link In time
YIGAhim

As far as where I am personally, I'm in the same boat aside from probably swapping ALIT with minish_link. I liked that she posted reads, but her assessment of myself i am not the biggest fan of mainly based on the fact that I've allegedly been laying low in spite of DekuNut and I having the most posts (Although she is right in noting that I've slightly altered my play this game). As far as throwing her in the scum list goes, it's more her vote of ALIT that leads me to it building off my theory of them likely not being aligned. YIGAhim has a potential cslaught vibe going for him, but I'm not entirely certain about him.

Mido

Version 1
And to throw the horseshoe:

If I'm wrong about this, I'd wager my fate won't be a good one, but upon my own reflections, I'm rolling with my old guns.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Welp, doubt anyone's gonna show up to save me in the next... uh, subtract three... 6 hours I think? However long it is. I dunno. But I'm probably dead. And I'm not surprised - in a game with so little activity on Day 2, you go for what you've got, and what you've got is a contested lynch. While I was wrong yesterday, I stand by my choice to lynch him, if for no other reason than it's kind of getting the ball rolling.
Don't let the game die without me bros.
Just to be on the safe side, I'm gonna
Vote: Mido
I'm unsure of this vote, but something seems off about him this game. I can't put my finger on it. Keep an eye on him.
Good luck, and hail Skroob.
lys98A9.gif

Mido

Version 1
I'm surprised you didn't join the counterwagon for ALIT here. Adds less certainty to my action here, although the status of your immunity is another one. I'm debating over the notion that if you and minish_link were teammates; would both of you cast uncertainty over myself? Seems unlikely unless you both had a third man.

I believe the day ends at 11am EST if I saw correctly, so we have a small space of wiggle room before the day ends.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Assuming I get what you're implying, I have an idea what role you're softclaiming, but I won't say it in the open.

I also have a hunch that Deku may not just be scum, but that he's actually Princess Vespa. Some of his day 1 posts make me feel this way, but it's not a strong hunch. I'm suspicious of him either way, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

I have no clue what role ALIT could be soft claiming, so since you don't want to say it in the open I'll just ask if you believe he is that role/that role would be in this game? I'm assuming it's a town role, but I don't know a lot of the different types of roles used.

It also does make sense that Deku could be Princess Vespa, which is why he would be so quick to cast doubt that she is in the game. It's also a reason for him to lynch Pendio, to get rid of a potential threat to him.

As far as where I am personally, I'm in the same boat aside from probably swapping ALIT with minish_link. I liked that she posted reads, but her assessment of myself i am not the biggest fan of mainly based on the fact that I've allegedly been laying low in spite of DekuNut and I having the most posts (Although she is right in noting that I've slightly altered my play this game). As far as throwing her in the scum list goes, it's more her vote of ALIT that leads me to it building off my theory of them likely not being aligned. YIGAhim has a potential cslaught vibe going for him, but I'm not entirely certain about him.

I don't mean you've been laying low as in not being active, I meant that you usually seem to be questioning people more and giving more of your reads/thoughts on others. You've been doing so this game as well, but in a sort of toned back manner. That's why I put you on the possible scum side, since you've altered your style a bit this game, so it's harder to read you.

While I'm not against a Deku lynch, since he is the other person I'm suspicious of, I'm a little worried about his immunity to dizziness and what that could possibly mean. No one has a clue if that does anything, so what if it could be something like if we try to lynch him today, he's immune to that? I just wasn't sure about risking lynching him due to that, which is why I went with ALIT.

Mido

Version 1
I don't mean you've been laying low as in not being active, I meant that you usually seem to be questioning people more and giving more of your reads/thoughts on others. You've been doing so this game as well, but in a sort of toned back manner. That's why I put you on the possible scum side, since you've altered your style a bit this game, so it's harder to read you.

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. Not entirely positive how it lends to myself being scum (although I suppose my bad play the previous two games were as town), but it is a nonetheless fair assessment.

While I'm not against a Deku lynch, since he is the other person I'm suspicious of, I'm a little worried about his immunity to dizziness and what that could possibly mean. No one has a clue if that does anything, so what if it could be something like if we try to lynch him today, he's immune to that? I just wasn't sure about risking lynching him due to that, which is why I went with ALIT.

Honestly, this is my only qualm about lynching DekuNut due to the doubt I have about the night action circumstances. Much like Pendio, I've had to question whether scum would lie about role information in their respective cases. Overall, I find this to be a very fair stance in respect to your hesitation to vote him.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
DekuNut is the dead. He was President Skroob, spaceball aligned. Is night now. You have 24 hours to send in actions. Night ends at 12:45 PM on April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom