• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) Vs. Link (LoZ)

Who would win?

• Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sora

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Well I really couldn't decide, so I made a video to see who would win. It was made in a game by the name of "Super Smash Flash 2." It's basically SSB made into a flash version that can have any video game character because it doesn't have copyright issues(at least not that I know of). Probably not the best way way to decide, but this is how I do it.

how do you play that if i could i would play

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this is hard... As you said Link has Fierce Deity and Sora The Drive forms but..

Sora

Besides the Drive forms he can summon great friends. Uses magic and has Goofy and Donald (if you would count that).
He's kind and gentle but when he fights he attacks with great strength. Basically a heart of gold.

Link
Is mute (sorta..) but is a kind hearted guy who has different friends in different games. He uses the triforce power and his sword (with his other weapons such as Bow and Arrow etc.)

You would need deadliest warrior to see. Good thread and if I remeber anything I will change it but that is all I know.

Seeing as though this isn't the best guide for battling, I've taken the liberty of listing Link's pros and cons, just to make sure we know what we're talking about. WARNING LONG POST

Spells- Despite having limited uses for these, Link can actually cast spells in Zelda 2.
Shield- halves damages taken from enemies. This could be useful for obvious reasons.
Jump- doubles Link’s jumping height. I guess this could be useful if Link were to jump Sora then quickly follow up with a down thrust it would be useful. The only thing that would hinder this spell is if Sora had heat-seeking attacks.
Fire- one cast causes Link to permanently (while on the same screen) be able to shoot fireballs straight from his sword; not the Mario kind that bounces along the ground, more so a variation on Samus Aran’s long beam. From gameplay footage, Sora appears to be nimble, so this would probably prove to be more of a way to hit Sora while he would be charging for whatever reason.
Fairy- Turns Link into a fairy. NEXT.
Thunder- Hits everything onscreen with the equivalent of maximum sword power. However, it takes out a good 60% or so of the magic bar, so this is a desperation move. I guess this would be good as a finishing blow, but I wouldn’t use it without careful consideration. However, it can downgrade armor; recall that the Thunder spell causes the Thunderbird (2nd to last boss in Zelda 2) to lower his shield, and that shield didn’t take any hits.
Reflect- This causes Link’s shield to deflect any projectiles that hit his shield. It can be used with the Jump spell to stop any projectile (or in the best case heat-seeking) and send it right back to Sora.
Life- Restores 50% of Link’s max. HP. Its uses are obvious.
Spell- (If you haven’t played Zelda 2, yes, that’s what it’s called; the Spell Spell) this can turn enemies into bots, the second weakest enemies (bits are the versions that can’t jump) in Zelda 2. With that in mind, it only turns SPECIFIC enemies to bots. It doesn’t work on bosses. Sora would technically qualify as a boss.
Din’s Fire- Despite not being in Zelda 2, this spell is actually used in OoT, and it’s a lot more useful than Zelda 2’s variation; Din’s Fire is a shield of flames that surrounds Link and continues outwards until it detonates. This can ward Sora off during close-range combat.
Nayru’s Love- this is essentially a force field of absolute protection. Allowing Link to use it in battle would be a bit mean, since Link would be the only one to be able to attack.
Farore’s Wind- “Show your courage by teleporting to a different room when things get tough!” Not only is this an embarrassing wimpy move, but it also makes the battle into hide & seek… er, rather hide & hunt. Sora would have to search Link out. Also, this allows for teleportation to an entirely different room; not the Dragon Ball Z style warping where the user can just teleport out of the way of something.

Now for the actual weapons that Link utilizes.
Bow & Arrow- Regular arrows are made of wood with a stone tip, generally making them kind of… useless. As much as I call giant keys abhorrent, I’m pretty sure the key in question can destroy, deflect, or stop a regular arrow. So now we end up consulting the other arrows; Fire, Ice, Bomb, and Light/Silver.
Fire Arrows- From what I can tell, Sora wears eccentric clothing with a couple of steel patches here and there, but other than that, Sora’s clothes appear to be rather flammable. Sora’s only hope is to be nimble, and Link’s only hope is to be accurate.
Ice Arrows- Again, Sora’s speed and Link’s accuracy count on this one. I guess if Sora had some way of magic protection from mystic ice, this would be useless. However, if he doesn’t, Sora could be frozen and subjected to vigorous slashing.
Bomb Arrows- Essentially arrows with more oomph, so I guess it would be good if it hit Sora, but since bombs are heavy, Sora’s speed would probably be a more powerful factor.
Light/Silver Arrows- Both of these are essentially the same thing, so I grouped them. One is nimbler and more powerful, and the other being photokinetic and able to ward off evil. I suppose the silver arrow could actually put a dent in Sora’s HP, due to silver being a rather strong mineral, but the Light Arrow could probably do just barely more than a mere arrow, given that its power comes from its ability to purge darkness; in English, that means the Light Arrows are powerful only on evil things-- like a necromancer or demonic pig. Last time I checked, Sora isn’t evil.

Boomerang- This Australian hunting tool would at best stun Sora for a while, making it a weaker Ice Arrow with more accuracy. (Recall; OoT’s boomerang locked on to foes.)
Bombs- If Sora was stunned or frozen this could probably bust a cap in Sora’s HP. However, quantity is limited, so Link has to use these wisely.
Hammer- just a more powerful (yet slower) sword. This would be better for counter attacking, since after swinging a blade (or oversized key), the warrior has to pause in order to stop the momentum in the blade/ginormous key. The hammer can take advantage of that pause. (However, the hammer suffers a slightly extended momentum stopper, due to being heavier.) Additionally, the hammer can break armor.
Hookshot- Hookshots can be used generally to quickly swing away from a head-on attack, but it can also be used to not only grab Sora, but during the grabbing process, hurt Sora. Think about it; if the steel spike grabs something, doesn’t the spike need to pierce the object to grab it? I thought so. That’s what makes it double as an ever-so-slightly more powered up arrow.
Bombchu- a heat-seeking bomb. It’s okay, but it’s also slow. Better substitution, however.
Ball and Chain- being one of the few weapons from Twilight Princess that I thought was cool, the ball and chain is an oversized medieval flail. This thing an knock down giant icicle and suits of armor. It’s easily a great weapon if Sora is stunned or immobile.
Spinner- I guess this could be an okay way to quickly dodge and retaliate, but the spinner can occasionally get out of hand, in addition to causing a stall while dismounting.
Four Sword- allows the user to clone him 4 times. Pretty useful, but it would make the fight unfair, so I’ll disqualify it.
Machete- Link was able to pick this up in WW, and although shields can’t be used while wielding one, it sure can pack a wallop.
Spear- It’s the same thing as the machete, just with more range, power, and slower.
Great Fairy Sword- a more powerful sword that can block black magic, but despite being usable with a shield, it causes defense to be cut in half. With that said however, the user may also regenerate 5 HP per second. If it can be used in Soulcalibur 2, I see no reason why it can’t be used for this fight.
Soul Edge- Speaking of SC2, Link was also able to use this; the legendary Soul Edge. The Soul Edge offers offense that increases by 40% and an increase in defense by 35%. However, the Soul Edge can drain 2 HP per second, so Link ought to be weary.
Cane of Byrna- Slightly weaker than the sword, but it can allow the user to restore 32 HP per use. However, it can be worn down by clashing with an opposing weapon.
Mirror Shield- an optimal replacement for the Reflect spell, since this baby doesn’t require magic to be used.
So those are Link’s advantages and disadvantages. If someone else may list Sora’s pros and cons, then this argument can have more to reference from.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
I think most people have forgotten a very important fact about Link here, Fred you must realise that most of these Links aren't the same one, the one who uses Din's fire (OoT) isn't the same one to use the Life Spell (LoZII... I think) that would be the same as me giving Sora abilities that say I don't know Ventus had or something like that, Sora gains Roxas' abilities after they fuse back together so that is alright, but otherwise if its all the Links VS the main characters of KH, then does that include Oragnisation XIII?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom