• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sonic X Shadow Generations

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I love everything that I've seen from this so far. Not only is Sonic Generations the best 3D Sonic game (and I love that they're adding the drop dash to the base game) but the Shadow levels look like the best 3D levels in the series in a long time and hopefully a sign of where the series is heading in terms of level design.

They really seem to be pulling from the Adventure era lately, but hopefully not too much. It is cool to see more playable characters in 3D without forcing a different playstyle and keeping the core Sonic gameplay in tact but with character specific abilities.

I don't know why though, but I've been getting a real bad feeling that the Shadow portion is only 3 levels with accompanying boss fights and the more they show, the more likely it seems. While it may still be a cool chunk of gameplay added to the overall game, I can just see the disappointment incoming already.

Regardless, it's great to see Sega celebrating Shadow after the long break they've taken from extra characters. The 2D games have been really great at utilizing a bigger cast, so I'm glad it's finally happening again with the 3D games and with Shadow specifically.

Daku Rinku

Defender of the Gerudo
ZD Champion
I really hope we get some of the best levels from games that feature Shadow. I think eight would be a good balance: two from Adveture 2, Two from Sonic Heroes, Two from Sonic 2006, and Two from Shadow The Hesgehog. Though I’d love more!

Shadow getting some spotlight is so cool I have to use “Chaos Control!” Haha

Between him featuring in Sonic Prome as major supporting character, Keanu Reeves portraying him in Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (Dec 20th, 2024) and now this.. “it truly is The Year of Shadow!” (Comment in Youtube Vid of Sonic X Shadow Generations).

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I have a bad feeling that Sega will deliver the original. They just did that with the original games once Sonic Origins released.

Daku Rinku

Defender of the Gerudo
ZD Champion
this whole thing made me realize the height of shadow in the games only really lasted for 5 years after his debut game

that being said, I'm very tempted to get this for the shadow content, and sonic generations is my favorite sonic game as is
The problem with Shadow was SEGA kept messing with his origin story and if he was the Real Shadow..

• Sonic Adventure 2: Created by Gerald Robotnik
  • Sonic Heroes: He is a Clone with dozens of Shadows
  • Shadow The Hedgehog The Video Game: He is the spawn of Black Doom.
They should have kept to Adventure 2 backstory. It looks like they are for Sonic The Hedgehog 3 The Movie (2024).

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

Defender of the Gerudo
ZD Champion
I hope they give Shadow the blicky.
i hope he has a Dark Chao companion.
150px-SA2-DC-10thAnniPressKit-D_CHAO.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom