• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Something That Really Bugged Me...

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Someone I know was talking to me and we where talking about Skyward Sword and he said it looked the same like every other Zelda and does not look new and I was like your joking right?, Skyward Sword is way different then the other Zelda's and it just really bugged me, I know this is a pretty pointless thread but I was just mad he said this stuff without even looking it up. What do you guys think?.

Last edited:
V

Vrbas

Link is a hybrid of the realistic TP and Cel-Shaded WW..
Isn't that different

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I think every Zelda game is different in their own different way. Look at OoT and MM. The games were very similar graphically and combatwise, but the overall atmosphere was very different. All Zelda games have a unique feature that makes it it, without straying from the more traditional Zelda atmosphere. Wind Waker doesn't feel like any other game, Twilight Princess feels similar but not like any other game. These games all feel different in their own way. Don't judge Zelda by its cover, judge it by its content and atmosphere.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I think every Zelda game is different in their own different way. Look at OoT and MM. The games were very similar graphically and combatwise, but the overall atmosphere was very different. All Zelda games have a unique feature that makes it it, without straying from the more traditional Zelda atmosphere. Wind Waker doesn't feel like any other game, Twilight Princess feels similar but not like any other game. These games all feel different in their own way. Don't judge Zelda by its cover, judge it by its content and atmosphere.

I 100% agree with you.

Isn't that different

He said the art style is full cell shaded and I was like actually it has a impressionist art style and I said no other Zelda had this style.

Isn't that different

Actually it has some impressionistic art mixed in, for a better brighter atmosphere. Which makes Zelda look completely different.

He said the art style is full cell shaded and I was like actually it has a impressionist art style and I said no other Zelda had this style.
This is complete and utter bull crap as you said, perhaps the only fully cell shaded games are Wind Waker trio and Minish cap. The only semi realistic Zelda game is Twilight Princess. Each zelda game has a different style that separates them from the others. Skyward Sword basically mashes all these art styles into one. Zelda looks nothing like most Zeldas, In Skyward sword she has blonde hair, and "raggy" clothing.

I think in a lot of ways, the game-play is a lot alike, but that's simply 'cause it's a game series, sorta like assassins creed, you climb the walls, you jump in hay stacks, and all that stuff is just the same as other games. The plot is a lot alike as well: You have to go save Zelda. As you always do. Even if it was someone else, you would still have to go save someone, as in a lot of other games (TP, WW, etc.) But I don't have a problem with it, 'Cause it seems more of how its portrayed rather then how its all alike, that's what makes be creative. Have you ever seen 'saving the princess' done in so many different ways? Its very creative.

And how can it be like all the other Zeldas when all the Zelda games are different enough from each other that there not alike? Every Zelda game is different, if he's played them, then he could tell that.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Go tell him: "Look at every Zelda game up to date. Don't most of them look different than the others? Right, right!? Now go look at the Call of Duty franchise. Now THAT'S a franchise that looks the same all the time. "

Basically, the Zelda games nearly look different most of the time. While other games such as the COD franchise practically look the same. Tell me, wouldn't a franchise that look's different most of the time in different games be a refresh? If you ask me, COD looks the same as back then to now, only difference is, is that it's just getting a little bit more unblurry. Other than that, it's practically the same, just different gameplay-gun-stuff.

(no offense to COD fans, it's just that the COD games came in mind when thinking of a game to compare with)

(my humblest apologies to all)

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Go tell him: "Look at every Zelda game up to date. Don't most of them look different than the others? Right, right!? Now go look at the Call of Duty franchise. Now THAT'S a franchise that looks the same all the time. "

Basically, the Zelda games nearly look different most of the time. While other games such as the COD franchise practically look the same. Tell me, wouldn't a franchise that look's different most of the time in different games be a refresh? If you ask me, COD looks the same as back then to now, only difference is, is that it's just getting a little bit more unblurry. Other than that, it's practically the same, just different gameplay-gun-stuff.

(no offense to COD fans, it's just that the COD games came in mind when thinking of a game to compare with)

(my humblest apologies to all)

He would just laugh if I told him the stuff about COD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom