• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Something That Kinda Worries Me.

Nicole

luke is my wife
whats the delay?i dont see it!and are you sure theres 1?

I believe Dukusword is talking about the lag between when you swing the Wiimote and when that motion actually registers in the game. For example, if you watch the video in the link that was provided, you'll see that the player moves the Wiimote to the right, and Link's sword follows, but several seconds later.

It does seem like the delay could make fighting a bit awkward. It's possible that it could actually hinder your ability to land blows where and when you want. However, reading some comments on that article, a user who said he actually played the game said the lag isn't really there when you actually play it, but it looks greater when you simply view gameplay. I sure hope this is the case, but we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I understand the problem with the lag, but there shouldn't be worries. It is supposed to work kinda like Wii Sports Resort (which I have tried), and while I can say the tech isn't perfect, it really isn't that awkward.

Skyward Sword has also been said to have a catch with the swings. It detects them when you swing with a certain amount of strenght, so that should get rid of any delays. It works like Twilight Princess, except that it DOES detect the direction of your swings. So the lag shouldn´t make that much of a difference, should it?

Last edited:
We also have to take into consideration that they are still working on the game. They will probably make it as close to perfect as they can before releasing it to the public.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
He's talking about the lag when swinging the sword.

The delay is caused by interference and possibly being too close to the sensors. At home this shouldn't happen.

Yeah I was also just thinking of that too, and in all the other videos there does not seem to be a lag so I think it's that.

Its just because there was so much interference. At home, it will be absolutely flawless. Beyond excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom