• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Something Not Seen

As a lot of you know, there is a very strange item shown in the GDC trailer at around 17 seconds. Many people have speculated what this item could be and most people think its some sort of hookshot. I can see where they are coming from, but there is another thing in the trailer that I feel is overlooked. If you go back and watch the trailer and pause at about 16 or 17 seconds, you will notice a platform with one red and one blue magnet shaped thing pointing in opposite directions just to the left of Link. I believe this is signifying positive and negative magnets, implying that the item that you see is a form of the Magnetic Glove. On top of that, the dungeon where this takes place looks very futuristic and electronic. I know this would be strange because the magnetic glove hasn't really been used in any of the MAJOR Zelda games. But if this is true, just imagine the possibilities of what you could accomplish with it! You could repel away from stationary magnets, repel non-stationary metal away from you, as well as attract non-stationary metal to yourself, and attract yourself to stationary magnets! In fact, this could be such a useful item that it could even replace other major items such as a hookshot. In my opinion, Nintendo could use an item like that to their advantage. It even makes sense for upgrades! Say you receive this item, but it can only submit a positive charge and then later on, you get an upgrade that give you the option of using both charges.

I could just have my head in the clouds, but I'm confident that this is true and I feel like I'm the ONLY one who has noticed this... o.o
See for yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKUn5ESdK4s

Thoughts?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hm. Very interesting idea. I suppose this could be one of those "cool new items" that was mentioned and not just some weird potion like I originally thought. Good observation!

I've never heard of the the Magnetic Glove before, but either way, this is a very interesting idea, and is definately something I'd like to see! Great find, man!

They're in one of the Oracle games. Seasons, I believe.

Interesting discovery. I've always wanted the Magnetic Gloves to appear in a 3D Zelda; now I guess there's a chance they might. I wonder exactly how they would function. Could they only serve to repel and attract metal-based things and enemies, as in previous iterations, or might there be any additional functions?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Interesting discovery. I've always wanted the Magnetic Gloves to appear in a 3D Zelda; now I guess there's a chance they might. I wonder exactly how they would function. Could they only serve to repel and attract metal-based things and enemies, as in previous iterations, or might there be any additional functions?

The Magnetic Gloves wouldn't work in a 3D Zelda. It'd be like adding in the Pegasus Boots. Something straight-line would work, though.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The Magnetic Gloves wouldn't work in a 3D Zelda. It'd be like adding in the Pegasus Boots. Something straight-line would work, though.

How wouldn't they work? Please share.

IHNo

The Other Side
the magnetic glove makes more sense to me, pause at 0:25 i believe this is the real hookshot http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/06/zelda-tribute-level-in-super-mario-3d/#more-11698

I'm afraid that's not the hookshot. At that moment in the video, Link is using the Skyward Sword's "treasure-seeking ability," (whatever that means). I'm curious as to what we'll be finding with it.

Magnetic gloves would surely be interesting.... I can imagine a large part of a temple based off of the magnetic mechanics.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
That would be really, really awesome if they were. That's a great find! I suppose these gloves could eliminate the need for a hookshot (they could pull Link to a magnetic target or something) and provide for some really unique puzzles. The dungeon that it's in is also very mechanical themed (with the totem pole enemies and such) so it would make sense to find a magnet in there.

VaatiWindMage24

Majoras Mask 3ds!!!!
hmmm good observation! but i cant exactly tell what it is..... :O to me it looks like some weird helmet or an upgraded version of the bomb possibly??? im not sure f it could be a magnetic glove OR a hookshot but it would be really cool to have the magnetic glove return into the zelda series!!!

T

TriforceReviews

hey there im pretty sure they were in the seasons and ages:)

Pen

The game is on!
Ever since I was this trailer I've been quite certain that item serves the same purpose as the Magnetic Gloves from OoS (but it's not a glove). What supports my theory is that there are actually magnets in that room in the trailer if you look carefully! =D

Skärmavbild 2011-09-10 kl. 22.27.59.jpg

Attachments

• Magnet.png
    Magnet.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Komali, YES exactly my point! As I stated, those magnets are pretty much UNMISTAKABLE. Every time I look back at those, it seems more and more obvious. The only problem with my theory is that we still can't make out the shape of the item to be a glove of some sort (like you said) :/ So yes i totally agree with you. Any idea what else it could be besides a glove? Maybe an orb or something else? Magnetic orb... it has a ring to it. But i don't think that's what it is lol :D

Also! Not that it has TOO MUCH significance to it but the temple walls are made of bricks... which are obviously not magnetic. It's quite insignificant because it could mean anything lol but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom