• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Something I Noticed (Again)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ok, so we all saw in the trailer that Link gets the Skyward Sword after the thing with the whale, and that he had the Skyloftian Sword as he was falling. Well, here's something odd I noticed.

rszlinkxzelda.jpg

See the sword? It's the Skyward Sword's design. Strange that he would have that sword design before he was knocked off his bird by the tornado, no? This kind of goes back to this thread at the point where the swords on the Knights backs sort of looked like the Skyward Sword's design, which made me think maybe those were swords designated specifically for the Knights. But Link isn't a Knight at this point and should have his normal sword, so this situation is all o_O :cooky:.

Anyway, I don't think this affects anything we know, I just think it's another goof-up on Nintendo's part. What do you think?

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, as everyone knows, this game does show the foundation of Hyrule, and the Royal Family. Well, what if the Skyward Sword's spirit infused itself upon the sword? What if the sword is just special because of the spirit inside?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I think it's just the general design for the knight's school swords.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm thinking it's either the school's sword design, or just more trailer 'abuse'. It doesn't really matter - the game wasn't completely finished back then so they could've threw in any number of sword designs yet it wouldn't mean anything because it was a game demo, not the finished product.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
How do you know link is not a knight at this point? he is in the Knight's academy so he could be considered a knight.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Crap, I was going to get to this tomarrow. . . It's awsome that you (and me!) saw that. I guess Phi uses the sword as somehwere to "Live" in as she's traveling with Link.

The swords are all messed-up across the demos and trailers, I don't think it's a reliable info source.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Well, as everyone knows, this game does show the foundation of Hyrule, and the Royal Family. Well, what if the Skyward Sword's spirit infused itself upon the sword? What if the sword is just special because of the spirit inside?

That's...not what I'm talking about. Of course the sword is special because Phi is inside of it. My theory is that Phi sort of mixes with the Skyloftan Sword and turns it into its new design. But it may be that the sword already looked like that (like, Link was given that one) and that Phi only gave it the blue gem on the hilt. I don't know. The main thing I was discussing here, though, is this little "inconsistency".

Wow, it seems a lot of people are misunderstanding me on this. I'm not using this for anything about Phi and the Skyward Sword and all that with this. I'm just wondering what you guys thought about the (what appears to be a) screw-up. If you want to say things about what you think about the sword, post those thoughts in the thread I linked earlier.

How do you know link is not a knight at this point? he is in the Knight's academy so he could be considered a knight.

The ceremony. Link getting the bird statue from the golden bird was part of that ceremony at the beginning of the game, and I believe it determines who becomes a Knight.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The other knights had similar swords, but why would Link have two? It's too inconsistent and I'm not bothering to figure it out. Just another pre-release mystery.

Phi may technically already be within his sword at this point... If Link is truly "the chosen one" like he is in some of the other games--I don't know if he will have this game, but... moving on--Phi may have been with him all this time. The event with the tornado may just awaken Phi's presence to guide Link. I know, silly theory is silly, but that's just my opinion.

I've read a book series that had a girl named Ioneth sacrifice her soul in order to give blessed strength to a sword meant to destroy an evil deity. I think the same concept with Phi's entity is what has the Skyward Sword gain the "power to repel evil" and become the Master Sword. Like, I doubt that she sacrificed herself, but I mean this event might be to awaken her behind the scenes while Zelda is kidnapped, and she is probably given more strength throughout the game. Just a thought... probably an inaccurate one, considering I'm not completely up-to-date on all of the Skyward Sword info, but I like trying to contribute to discussions... :/

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Phi may technically already be within his sword at this point... If Link is truly "the chosen one" like he is in some of the other games--I don't know if he will have this game, but... moving on--Phi may have been with him all this time. The event with the tornado may just awaken Phi's presence to guide Link. I know, silly theory is silly, but that's just my opinion.

But it's like I said, in the trailer, he still had the Skyloftian Sword when he was falling.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It really doesn't matter as the game wasn't completely done at that point - you'll find a lot of things such as different shields in unexplainable moments, but that is because, like Caelus said, it's just a pre release mystery. Now, if you find Link having two different blades in the beginning of the finished game, that's a different story.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I never even noticed that before good find, it's possible that they just used the Skyward Sword for the bird riding demo because they did not want the demo to have two different swords.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'm 100% percent certain that it is just there for the demo. I think it would give away some of the plot if Link had a different sword between two very close events, the bird rider's ceremony, and the first dungeon (In game chronology.)

It may seem a bit foolish to those who have analized everything we know about this game for hours, but I think it's something Nintendo would do for people who don't follow games so closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom