• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Some Mysteries About OOT and MM

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Ok, I don't really know if this are mysteries, but everyone has its own doubts.

When Link wins OOT, Navi goes away, so Link goes on an adventure to find Navi.
At the beginning of MM, we can see Link walking on Hyrule when he sees skull kid, possesed by the Majora Mask.

This doesn't make sense to me, at OOT we go through the whole world of Hyrule, but we know that, at the beginning of MM, Link is at Hyrule when he encounters skull kid.

Where is Link when he encounters skull kid and Tael and Tatl?

My other doubt is, when you enter Termina, you are in a strange place, and skull kid makes you a deku scrub.

As a deku scrub, we go and enter Clock Town by launching through some flowers.

At Termina, we can see people, so, if they can't launch through flowers, how did they get there?

I know we are all killing the fantasy in Zelda games by writing our doubts, but I want to hear your opinions =D

D

Disposable Hero

I think i get what what you are saying, some people speculate that maybe Termina is a Parallel universe to Hyrule, this would explain why almost every character in Termina is in Hryule from OOT, yet with different Lives. Stating this theory they would have no ideal of Hyrule.... Witch would explain how they all got there, Termina was created on its own, so they were put there like the people in Hyrule were.... Our not who knows, It confusing..... Now someone would just need to answer, how did link get into the parallel universe..... The lost woods must have a type of gateway....

This is all me thinking out loud , I'm still new with the theories of Zelda..

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Termina is a parallel world to Hyrule, and there is a gateway to this parallel world inside the lost woods, we see this when Link is chasing Skull Kid, he falls down a large hole, there he sees Skull Kid floating him, and under Skull Kid is an inverted Triforce, after this, Link goes through a hallway similar to that in the Forest Temple, how it twists, he is then in the Clock Tower, if that doesn't say alternate dimension then I don't know what does. There is also the fact that all the characters in Majora's Mask are characters from Ocarina of Time, yet they are completely different people. So considering these are two alternate worlds, there would be no need to ask "how did they get in termina" since that would be the equivalent of asking "how did people get in Hyrule", which was explained by the Great Deku Tree and a few other games.

B

bbudy

to be honest, I am in some kind of confusion. but i give you guys the supporting word. wow,wow

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Maybe you guys are right, but I have yet another question:

This one is about the amsks salesman.
He tells you he goes to Termina to collect new masks, but, form what i know, there is no masks shop at Termina, or is it?

This clearly explains the masks ssalesman go to Termina to collect some masks to put in his shop at Hyrule.

My question is very similar to the one at my first post: how did he get there, if he isn't a deku scrub?

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Maybe you guys are right, but I have yet another question:

This one is about the amsks salesman.
He tells you he goes to Termina to collect new masks, but, form what i know, there is no masks shop at Termina, or is it?

This clearly explains the masks ssalesman go to Termina to collect some masks to put in his shop at Hyrule.

My question is very similar to the one at my first post: how did he get there, if he isn't a deku scrub?

It's implied the Mask Salesman isn't an ordinary guy; he's possibly even from the moon. ;) Judging from his comments at the end, I'd say he has a means of returning (probably the gateway). At the end, he asks Link 'Isn't it time for you to be getting back?' or something similar.

Also, the mask salesman has quite a few masks, some of which are from Termina. He could just use one of those to traverse any obstacles.

In the Lost Woods.

At Termina, we can see people, so, if they can't launch through flowers, how did they get there?

The people in Termina are from Termina. Just like people who have lived in Hyrule all their lives are from Hyrule. Other than the Mask Salesman, which is one of those unanswerable questions. You could say he had his own tools or items for getting across the gaps with the flowers. You could say he had some sort of magic power. I mean, he does have a lot of masks. Who's to say that one doesn't allow him to fly? I think its possible. Fact is, there's never gonna be an answer for this one. We'll just have to be content with knowing that somehow he made it across.

First off, the people of Termina are from Termina, as Mosley put it. Termina is an alternate dimension, and it's people are alternate versions of the people of Hyrule. Travel between the two dimensions isn't a normal thing. As for the Happy Mask Salesman, well, remember this is a video game. Just because there was only one way for you to get someone within the confines of the game doesn't mean there wasn't another way if you consider things realistically. ;)

As for where Link was... well, I find it highly unlikely (actually, it's impossible) that you traversed the entire world in Ocarina of Time. There were certain areas you went to, but there's no way that was the entire world. Not even close. It also couldn't have been the entire kingdom of Hyrule either. If you don't believe me, just look at the map in the game: There are loads of areas you never actually go to, covered by clouds.

So, while it being the Lost Woods as Mosley suggests is possible, it could also just be any other forest, and it's my personal opinion that it isn't the Lost Woods. Wherever it was, it probably wasn't a well known place that people go to often, as it contained a portal to Termina.

The gateway to Termina is in the Lost Woods. Well, the Lost Woods is supposed to be highly mysterious, so it's only natural that it would be found there. And you're right, Axle, Ocarina of Time can't have been the entirety of Hyrule. Take, for example, the Lost Woods. If you take a wrong turn, you're dumped back at Kokiri Forest. How does an exit far from it lead back there? There must be something to fill the gap in between, which is probably where Link was at the start of MM, in one of those areas.

As for how and why the Happy Mask Salesman went to Termina, he was looking for Majora's Mask, which the Skull Kid stole off him, and the HMS knew he was in Termina (how he knew, I have no idea, but he is meant to be more than what he seems). And remember that he helped get the Deku mask off Link's face. He probably has a similar mask that allowed him to cross over to Termina. Either that or he just took a different route.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Ok, I don't really know if this are mysteries, but everyone has its own doubts.

When Link wins OOT, Navi goes away, so Link goes on an adventure to find Navi.
At the beginning of MM, we can see Link walking on Hyrule when he sees skull kid, possesed by the Majora Mask.

This doesn't make sense to me, at OOT we go through the whole world of Hyrule, but we know that, at the beginning of MM, Link is at Hyrule when he encounters skull kid.

My other doubt is, when you enter Termina, you are in a strange place, and skull kid makes you a deku scrub.

As a deku scrub, we go and enter Clock Town by launching through some flowers.

I know we are all killing the fantasy in Zelda games by writing our doubts, but I want to hear your opinions =D
ok termina is an opposite world and the people didnt travel their Link travels their on accident these people are the residents and the people who live in this town probably put their by whatever god they believe in just like the three goddesses did i nhyrule

P

Pancakes

doesn't the goron that gives you Don Gero's mask mention Didongo's Cavern FROM HYRULE?
So how does he know about it since the rock was from Hyrule?

T

travisback

yeah, termina is like a parallel universe, with almost all the same people.

what i dont get is why the zoras arent there, any thoughts?

Z

Zelda Master

uh obviously you haven't beaten majora's mask when you get to the ocean you meet zora's now my question is What the heck happened at the end you see link back in the lost woods and then you see that whole scene with the skull kid, the ending confused me. also any thoughts on what5 happened to that link It really left me in a haze then, wind waker came out, amd nthing was said of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom