• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So What's the Rational for the Whole Impa Thing?

She's an old woman at the end of Skyward Sword and yet she's middle aged(?) in OoT? How does that work?

Rationale^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
I guess shes supposta be some kinda encarnation. just like every other link and every other zelda. Lame but sad truth.

I'm sorry, but that comes across as being extremely lazy from a story aspect. It's like they just threw her in there to make a connection to OoT, but didn't care enough to actually explain why she appears hundreds of years later in a more youthful state. Are we to expect that EVERYONE is a reincarnation of a former person in the story?

Yep, im disapointed in nintendo as well. Well all zeldas are named zelda due to the legend and tradition or something. All links are really whatever you want to name them. Some are incarnations Windwaker link had to fight his way though he was not born a hero he had to prove himself. Umm yeah it really seems that nintendo does not really care about story and often when i over analyze zelda i think i am wasting my time. I feel like i care more than nintendo. They just wanna make games and money. But thats just how i feel today.

I'm people thought it was the same Impa in every Zelda. How old do you people think she is!? I have always had the impression they were different just like (almost) every Zelda and Link. What gave anyone the idea it was the same one? Am I missing something?

I'm people thought it was the same Impa in every Zelda. How old do you people think she is!? I have always had the impression they were different just like (almost) every Zelda and Link. What gave anyone the idea it was the same one? Am I missing something?

Why would I assume that a secondary character like Impa is continuously born again?

As mentioned..... should I think that everyone in the Zelda universe is a reincarnation?

Last edited:
Impa was in The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, Oracle of seasons, and Oracle of Ages, and Skyward Sword (Twilight Princess if you consider Impaz the same as Impa). I do not see all of these events and constant changes in Hyrule happening in one lifetime. In order for her to meet all of the different Zelda's and Link's they would have to have kids, do their calling, and die by the time they were teenages (if that). It just does not make sense to me how people could get that impression.

Well apparently impa can chill in the sealed temple and live for a few hundred/maybe thousand years (I dont remember if it said exactly). So apparently they can live that long how is the impression so farfetched.

We obviously know that she died in the end. We also obviously know that they are not the same. BUT before we played the game we hoped they might be. And now we are disappointed that they are not. No connections were made to old games. Just copys of other characters. This makes the game seem more like a copy of older games and less of a sequel to older games. Although skyward sword was a fantastic game. My biggest gripe is the fact that there is no significant direct connections to another games.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen more connections myself. Like we didn't know she died in the end of this one, we also did not know she lived thousands of years until this game either (which is why I was thrown that people thought that and I thought maybe I missed something in the previous games). Like I said, I would have loved to see more connections, but I think the mystery is what makes the games so much fun. Other games that are clear cut you do not spend much time thinking about after you play them. Zelda keeps you thinking long after you finish. I kind of like it that way

To the point, there's different incarnations of Impa, because Princess Zelda (Hylia) wills it. Just as there are various incarnations of Zelda and Link. It is all according to destiny, divine intervention, and all that.

By George! Did you play Skyward Sword with a blind fold? (If you played it)

Well they threw in a now goddess which is a really bold move considering that there has always been the three. THEN the dont even give any explanation as to what she really is I like that zelda leaves doors open. But they are opening too many doors and not closing any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom