• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors So the game is finally out!

Robbie fan club
Just picked up AoC and played through a few more missions, general impressions are still solid. The game defs has performance issues, but I started to find less problems with framerate and more with pop in (especially in death mountain). Other than that though, it's pretty solid so far. The characters I've unlocked are all great to use, and I'm a big fan of the meditation area that allows you to practice without worrying about dying.
Story-wise not a lot has happened really so it's hard to say, but I am a little disappointed in what I've seen of the characters so far. They seem to become best buddies WAY too quickly. Also
Mipha and Link have known each other for ages despite Link just being some random Hylian soldier at this point
? It's not a huge deal, just mildly disappointing.

How are you finding it so far?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I’ve only played through chapter 1 and the challenge missions that unlocked and I’m not really loving it so far. I definitely don’t hate it, but the game isn’t as satisfyingly fluid to play as the first was and other spin off Warriors titles are. It could also be a little subconsciously tainted by the fact I don’t enjoy playing BotW.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've unlocked all the champions and played through most of the challenges.

The gameplay is solid, though Revali and Impa are definitely my favourite characters so far by a long shot.

Story wise, it's meh. I am not going to pretend it's supposed to be canon anymore and will instead continue playing with the mindset that it's a half-decent BotW fanfic because that's what it feels like.

I've unlocked all the champions and played through most of the challenges.

The gameplay is solid, though Revali and Impa are definitely my favourite characters so far by a long shot.

Story wise, it's meh. I am not going to pretend it's supposed to be canon anymore and will instead continue playing with the mindset that it's a half-decent BotW fanfic because that's what it feels like.
It's hard to say what the game is tbh. Without posting any spoilers the story feels like an alternative timeline. It feels more like a sequel to BOTW then a prequel. Like in OOT Link pulling the master sword and fighting Ganon created multiple timelines. I feel like this game is the same situation in which a key event creates multiple time lines.

It's kinda a prequel, but not really.

Robbie fan club
I’ve only played through chapter 1 and the challenge missions that unlocked and I’m not really loving it so far. I definitely don’t hate it, but the game isn’t as satisfyingly fluid to play as the first was and other spin off Warriors titles are. It could also be a little subconsciously tainted by the fact I don’t enjoy playing BotW.
Yeah, this defs feels like the kind of game you can really only get into if you like BotW in the first place. For what it's worth though, I do think it gets better after the first chapter. The first two missions are some of the most uninteresting, later missions start to feel more like the first HW (at least from what I've played so far)

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Yeah, this defs feels like the kind of game you can really only get into if you like BotW in the first place. For what it's worth though, I do think it gets better after the first chapter. The first two missions are some of the most uninteresting, later missions start to feel more like the first HW (at least from what I've played so far)
I do agree with you. As the levels went on they started to feel a bit more fun to me. Especially when playing as Impa. Her move set feels really smooth. I’m still not really in love with the game, definitely prefer the challenge levels to the main campaign and will have to really think before I consider buying any DLC packs, but I don’t feel like I’m going to quit this game like BotW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom