• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler So Far: What Are You Most Excited For, and What Are You Dreading?

After the mountain of info that's come out over the past few days, we've seen a lot that we probably either love or hate. I'm getting this game no matter what just because it's Zelda, but is there anything significant you're seeing that would make you question it's quality as a game? Have you seen anything you just can't wait to try, or something that you feel will annoy you the whole game? I for one can't find any flaws except for those save statues . . . which I hated in MM, but at least it seems you can Save & Quit, or keep playing in SS, so even they've been improved. I'd love to here those things you can't wait for and those things you really are dreading and why!

vcdomith

Mad Artist
I'm most excited about the upgrades, swinging around the WM+ like real sword XD, and the double clawshot

awesome music, new gameplay elements, upgrade system and exploring the overworlds. if every thing goes right, this could be one of the best games of the decade!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Things I'm most excited for: Loft Bird riding, using Sword Beams(!), showing FABULOUS Ghirahim who's boss, finally being able to sprint, and seeing how Phi will become the Master Sword/Zelda's ascendance.

Things I dread most: Uh, nothing really comes to mind for me to dread, but I would probably choose collecting the Light Tears, avoiding the Guardians, and fighting those tightrope enemies...Bokoblins.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'm excited about everthing, and I'm dreading when the wait will be over, because you guys know what that means right, the wait for Zelda WiiU starts!

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I'm excited overall for the gameplay, especially using the Wii Motion Plus! The story will certainly be interesting, and I can't wait to unlock all the secrets of Skyward Sword. Avoiding the guardians looks like it will be a fun challenge, and the art style is beautiful. I'm still a little iffy on the save statues, but I guess we'll see on that one. I agree with Cuju, the biggest dread is, after it comes out, having to wait for the Zelda WiiU game.

Skyward Sword looks like an amazing game, with its graphics, its puzzles, and its items. From what we've seen, Skyward Sword has cel-shaded graphics like in the Wind Waker but he's a more mature Link like in Twillight Princess. I absolutely love these graphics. Like The Wind Waker, in my opinion, looked awesome and the game was even better (except with all that sailing.) Anyway, that is a pretty good thing in my opinion. Another thing I've noticed in the gameplay videos is that Stamina circle when Link gets hit or runs fast. This would be awesome. In Ocarina of Time, you had to walk everywhere you went, but in Skyward Sword you can run. (Of course you can't run out of stamina but just wait till it recharges like Epona's carrots in Ocarina of Time.) Also from the first dungeon in a gameplay video, we saw a spider like creature (Which I think might be a Skulltula.) First we had to cut down the string with the Beetle or just walk over to it. Then to defeat it you had to make it go up and hit that purple circle thingy. We also saw some bat like enemies which I am 99.9% sure are this games version of Keese. They have googly eyes (like if your dizzy) and are quite bigger than the other Keese in Zelda History. I like this. Having a certain way to defeating the enemy. You don't just slash like crazy - you actually have to have a stradegy. Alright so your on to the next room. Link then fights a Stalfos with two swords. He'll hold the either vertically or horizontly, making Link swing his swrod up or across. (Like I said the certain way to defeat enemies.)

Last edited:

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I'm looking forward to the bird flying element of the game, especially the fight with that giant whale we got a peek of in a video.

But what I'm dreading is that there won't be a overworld in the land below, just a using the brd to drop you off places.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I'm more excited for the story than anything. Learning the origina of the Sheikah? The formation of the royal family? Foundation of Hyrule? The way is killing me!:P The only thing I'm dreading is.....just kidding this game will be perfect:D

Solsetur

*shot*
I'm looking forward to seeing how this game works; the mechanics of it are completely different from every other Zelda up to date. WMP will add a lot to the gameplay, and that's probably going to either make or break the game. How can you enjoy a game when the controls suck? So I'm anticipating the introduction to WMP, just to see how it plays out (not to mention it'll be fun to swing the remote around like a sword. lol).

I'm sort of dreading how fans will receive the game, though. Will they think it one of the better Zelda's? Better than OoT? Worse than ST/PH? The way people receive this game may entirely change Zelda, and that worries me. Fans haven't been all that welcoming to new Zelda's since OoT's release. Hell, they just started like MM a few years ago!

Another thing that I'm looking forward is item usage; how will they be enhanced? How often? Will there be extra items? This will be one of the more important components in the game as receiving items has been pretty much set in stone since OoT. I'd like to see more items that aren't required, and more use for them outside of the game (which they will have, given the overworld's size). The upgrading is pretty intriguing as well; which items will be upgraded? How will they be upgraded? How often? This is also something new to the series, and has to be handled pretty carefully so there's no backlash. I'm looking forward to how they included it, and if it's any good.

The overworld is my main interest. We haven't had a "good" overworld since MM/WW; I think it's time for this to change. It's been far too empty in recent games, and I'm hoping SS will add some depth to it. The sky islands will probably be a major factor sidequest wise, too; that's where most of the Skyloftians will be located. If the overworld is expansive enough, the game will be the best game up to date; it will have the most content.

So, there are a lot of things to be excited for/dread; pretty much everything about the game should give some hype to a Zelda fan. The only thing to actually dread is how they are received.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I'm excited for the whole game!!! Only thing i'm dreading is the save system. I'm gonna miss saving from in-game menu wherever I am. AH WELL, at least we get a new Zelda that is freakin epic eh? I'll let it slide.

S

Skyward Sword

the thing i'm excited for is the Sword play/wiimote play, i love that idea. and i'm excited for the puzzles and an UPGRADE SYSTEM finally i know what to do with my 1000 rupees lol

the thing i'm dreading is how hard the puzzles will be. i hope it's not that hard, but i don't want it to be easy either.

I'm super excited for the motion controls. When you strip everything down, SS just seems like a regular Zelda game, with a few exceptional enhancements. But with Wii Motion Plus, it adds a whole new idea of realism to the game, and creativity is rewarded. That's what I think will make this game THE Zelda experience of this century. I'm also looking forward to the new dungeons and bosses that Link encounters, as well as how the story varies from the traditional structure. I also really like the upgrade system, and it adds a lot of replay value to it.

Now, what I'm dreading is the response from the gaming community/reviewers about the game. I can just picture them complaining about how the controls are so called "broken", and they'll dock a lot of points as a result. Just look at games like Wii Sports Resort. Terrific games, terrific controls, it's just that people don't understand how to use them, that's why they lose points. Another thing that I'm sort of dreading but sort of hopeful for is the flying mechanics. It's sort of just Wind Waker in the air, and I hope people don't dock it points because of it, because this navigation looks very unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom