• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sniper Mafia: A Sharpshooter's Delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I’m wondering Minish, do you believe it was the worst because it was revenge or the worst because it went through? Because honestly mafia shooting me is one thing but mafia shooting bok is completely insane and unexplainable and it simply seems like something music would do thoughtlessly and with no consideration for if it actually goes through, there are much safer targets lying about.

Nah, I still would have found it suspicious if it wasn't a hit. But maybe that's because I was finding Bok to look pretty townie. And I feel like it was a less random shot because it's not like Bok hadn't posted yet. He had done quite a bit for day 1 already.

I don’t particularly see how attempting to kill someone who’s probably town is helpful except in the case that it misses which obviously you can’t assume it will and is quite dangerous as we’ve seen. Also it’s completely irrelevant to say what bok did made sense cause he’s dead anyways and we can only assume he was telling the truth.

I really don’t see how you can say randomly shooting and hoping for the best is towny though obviously some town have been doing it anyway.

Are you referring to me telling people to shoot me? Lol. Because you should know there can be multiple reasons behind that. And I don't really think it's irrelevant to say. I was just judging every shot that had been made in the order they were made. And I feel like I can read him fairly decently.

One thing we’ve got to decide is who are we going to lynch today? You may have missed it but the day ends four hours I think and we need to make up our minds. At the moment emiya being lynched seems a pretty good idea to me but I wouldn’t mind trying to shoot him to give us an opportunity to lynch someone else. Have you any suggestions as to who I should shoot? I’ve got two people I’m thinking of but shooting people isn’t my forte.

I was waiting to place my vote just to give others a chance to use their shot if they wanted. Why Emiya, might I ask? I think I can see why but I want to hear your reasoning. Personally, I'd suggest targeting anyone who didn't previously shoot except for music who I think is a fair target as well. But if you're town reading him, obviously that wouldn't be a good idea. I just think that everyone else has had fairly good motives behind their targets, whereas we don't have much on the others.

funnier6

Courage~
Nah, I still would have found it suspicious if it wasn't a hit. But maybe that's because I was finding Bok to look pretty townie. And I feel like it was a less random shot because it's not like Bok hadn't posted yet. He had done quite a bit for day 1 already.

Are you referring to me telling people to shoot me? Lol. Because you should know there can be multiple reasons behind that. And I don't really think it's irrelevant to say. I was just judging every shot that had been made in the order they were made. And I feel like I can read him fairly decently.

I was waiting to place my vote just to give others a chance to use their shot if they wanted. Why Emiya, might I ask? I think I can see why but I want to hear your reasoning. Personally, I'd suggest targeting anyone who didn't previously shoot except for music who I think is a fair target as well. But if you're town reading him, obviously that wouldn't be a good idea. I just think that everyone else has had fairly good motives behind their targets, whereas we don't have much on the others.
You have a point, but I believe more in my point that because bok is always so obvious town it isn’t something mafia would be crazy enough to do.

I wasn’t though I don’t think that was very smart either, I meant how you were saying shooting someone to kick things off was reasonable even though that could turn into a town massacre at any second (though apparently our shooting skills suck) so I don’t see how you can call that towny unless it’s in character. Read bok fairly decently?

I was looking through everyone and I don’t like that he appears to be completely disinterested in the game and is still going after Ayano for Anime Mafia even though he already got revenge last game, feels like he thought he would be safe because he had a shred of a reason for wanting him dead anyway. Plus he normally has a lot of presence as town and I’d like him to post more assuming he survives this shot.

Shoot: All Might

If he’s town this’ll probably go through. >_<

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Since this is a pretty small game (13 players at the start), there would be only 3 or 4 mafia members.

With one down at the very beginning, it would be pretty dumb to shoot at your mafia buddy unless you knew you were going to miss. Perhaps one of the players knows the shot percent for a hit. Right now it's looking pretty low. Only 2 people have been hit, and they are two out of many shots fired. I'd say there is maybe a 15 or 20 percent chance of a bullet meeting its target based on what has happened so far.

While that is low, it can still hit. We should really be more careful with our shots. Votes are powerful tools at this point in the game, and right now they are being awfully underused because of the extremely reckless weapons we have.

Can we stick to votes until we are certain we know what we are doing?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
You have a point, but I believe more in my point that because bok is always so obvious town it isn’t something mafia would be crazy enough to do.

I wasn’t though I don’t think that was very smart either, I meant how you were saying shooting someone to kick things off was reasonable even though that could turn into a town massacre at any second (though apparently our shooting skills suck) so I don’t see how you can call that towny unless it’s in character. Read bok fairly decently?

I was looking through everyone and I don’t like that he appears to be completely disinterested in the game and is still going after Ayano for Anime Mafia even though he already got revenge last game, feels like he thought he would be safe because he had a shred of a reason for wanting him dead anyway. Plus he normally has a lot of presence as town and I’d like him to post more assuming he survives this shot.

Miss!

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Bok being so obvious town doesn't work much anymore. Seeing as he's been so obvious town when he was actually scum a few times now. Lol. Would be an easy way to get rid of a good player, but have an "excuse" (revenge shot).

I don't think anything in this game can really be in character. It's supposed to be a more hectic game full of attacks. It was reasonable to try and get discussion started with a shooting. Which is why I think it's fair to have seen Mido as making a town move though he was clearly mafia. And yeah, I meant I think I can read Bok fairly decently. I mean, he's fooled me when he's scum, but I still feel like I get his intentions behind things anyways.

Okay, yeah. That's the reasoning I figured you were going for. And I do think you have some fair points there. Especially since he posted saying he thinks there is a mafia ninja, which is kinda weird to me. Not sure where he's coming from there.

funnier6

Courage~
Bok being so obvious town doesn't work much anymore. Seeing as he's been so obvious town when he was actually scum a few times now. Lol. Would be an easy way to get rid of a good player, but have an "excuse" (revenge shot).

I don't think anything in this game can really be in character. It's supposed to be a more hectic game full of attacks. It was reasonable to try and get discussion started with a shooting. Which is why I think it's fair to have seen Mido as making a town move though he was clearly mafia. And yeah, I meant I think I can read Bok fairly decently. I mean, he's fooled me when he's scum, but I still feel like I get his intentions behind things anyways.

Okay, yeah. That's the reasoning I figured you were going for. And I do think you have some fair points there. Especially since he posted saying he thinks there is a mafia ninja, which is kinda weird to me. Not sure where he's coming from there.
Thing is the mafia knew bok was town so they would figure he would be obvious town and nail them and certainly wouldn’t take the chance of shooting him imo cause if they hit they just killed town bok and if they miss they’ll attract his attention and likely not escape.

Well just because we can shoot willy nilly doesn’t mean we should, if we all shot for well thought out and explained reasons it can be quite in character, as to mean something that is quite normal for a certain person to do. Like stormo shooting you aligns well with last game which makes it easier to read than the average person randomly shooting someone. What I’m trying to say is if everyone was actually pretty sure the person they were targeting is scum we could get a lot further since as things are people can shoot for any reason whatsoever and can play it off just fine, there needs to be a plan. I’ve got some ideas for day two that I think will work out pretty well if I can get us to work together.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Well shoot. I admired that it was personal motivated. I believe that the big is not the worst possible loss in a game of this style unless if every poser role is vig.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
We have both vigs gone. Not like we aren't already all daytime vigs.

At least we won't have to worry about a second mafia kill each night or a misguided town kill

MegaPod

Spooky Ceramic
It is unlikely, but I want to see how the night goes before dismissing the possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom