• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Sniper Mafia: A Sharpshooter's Delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Obviously I'm not gonna let myself get lynched passively, I think that would be a mistake. The sole reason some of you started mentioning me as a lynch target is because of my initially low activity. That's fair, I was completely absent till now. But lynching me at the moment I return is not really allowing me much of a chance to participate. Those that have been pushing me to become more active seem to be pushing for a Koko-lynch now while I gave them what they wanted and became more active?

I'm not going to vote for Deku, I don't think he is scum. I'm considering to vote for MP, but I'm going to do some research (and may change my mind while doing that).

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Wait, you're already suspicious enough of Deku to want to vote him so late phase.

Sorry I haven't been very present, btw, and my day gets more busy from here. If anyone wants me to roleclaim, it can solve some things about the game, I think.

Yeah, because I could see myself potentially making the move he did if I were scum. It's not the strongest scum lean, but I'm not getting much on anyone else right now.

I'll change my vote if it's looking like there's going to be a tie though.

kokirion

No, I changed my mind.

I have never played with MetaPod before, so reading him is hard, but in my opinion he has contributed fairly and openly to the discussions today. I had the vague idea in mind that his posts had so far avoided taking any serious chances and focussed on more "general" issues and that attacks often solely tended to be follow-ups on attacks from others on the same people. But my memory was wrong. In fact, he took chances on Music, had his independent opinion on Minish etc., most of these things draw more (negative) attention and I think mafia members generally try to avoid that.

kokirion

Having checked everyone's posts thoroughly, this is my town/scum list:

TOWN:
- Deku
- MetaPot
(- funnier??)

SCUM:
- Yiga

NEUTRAL:
- Minish
- Stormsomething

NO CLUE:
- Ayano
- DOC

The NO CLUE are just too inactive, I don't want to lynch them right now.

I am especially suspicious of YIGAhim,
look at his posts (he made 16 so far, this is only a small selection, but I think they show the image):
Well, I don't think it's wise to risk losing numbers, even if we did happen to get one lucky shot in already. By the looks of it, there is a low chance of a hit though

I was surprised to see that when I was skimming over the thread. I know that inactivity is sometimes a giveaway, but "He's gonna get lynched anyway" is a dumb excuse.

Good thing the shot missed. I'd be a little pissed otherwise

In a murder mystery, the detective doesn't just shoot his gun at people to start conversation. I disagree with the method, but don't think there weren't bad intentions behind it

We don't want "eye for an eye" style play, here. It won't get us anywhere

Please consider saving your shot until you have evidence

Since this is a pretty small game (13 players at the start), there would be only 3 or 4 mafia members.

With one down at the very beginning, it would be pretty dumb to shoot at your mafia buddy unless you knew you were going to miss. Perhaps one of the players knows the shot percent for a hit. Right now it's looking pretty low. Only 2 people have been hit, and they are two out of many shots fired. I'd say there is maybe a 15 or 20 percent chance of a bullet meeting its target based on what has happened so far.

While that is low, it can still hit. We should really be more careful with our shots. Votes are powerful tools at this point in the game, and right now they are being awfully underused because of the extremely reckless weapons we have.

Can we stick to votes until we are certain we know what we are doing?

We have both vigs gone. Not like we aren't already all daytime vigs.

At least we won't have to worry about a second mafia kill each night or a misguided town kill

Would there really be 3 vigs? I suppose there could be, but that would not be at all likely

What all these posts have in common is that they make YIGA seem relatively active and involved (he joins discussions, has a thoughtful opinion on everything) but he is playing too safe. None of his posts truly put him in the line of fire. He avoids confrontations and rarely attacks someone openly. I think that is a classic scum tactic: making intelligent comments, appearing to be thoughtful and avoiding confrontations. Very survival-orientated. I think he's scum.

Vote: YIGAhim

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Actually, I was thinking the day ended earlier than it does. And I'm going to have to go to bed in a minute, so I won't be able to change my vote later on.
I'm not sure if anyone else finds Deku suspicious enough to lynch him, and I don't want people to get lynch for a bunch of single votes.

Unvote

funnier6

Courage~
Wait, you're already suspicious enough of Deku to want to vote him so late phase.

Sorry I haven't been very present, btw, and my day gets more busy from here. If anyone wants me to roleclaim, it can solve some things about the game, I think.
That sounds like a good idea, but only if the lynch candidates don’t have something they want to claim @DekuNut @MegaPod @kokirion claiming vanilla probably counts so don’t do that.
Obviously I'm not gonna let myself get lynched passively, I think that would be a mistake. The sole reason some of you started mentioning me as a lynch target is because of my initially low activity. That's fair, I was completely absent till now. But lynching me at the moment I return is not really allowing me much of a chance to participate. Those that have been pushing me to become more active seem to be pushing for a Koko-lynch now while I gave them what they wanted and became more active?

I'm not going to vote for Deku, I don't think he is scum. I'm considering to vote for MP, but I'm going to do some research (and may change my mind while doing that).
You have a point, but having seen you participate thus far I have yet to be convinced. Another day sounds reasonable though.

Having checked everyone's posts thoroughly, this is my town/scum list:

TOWN:
- Deku
- MetaPot
(- funnier??)

SCUM:
- Yiga

NEUTRAL:
- Minish
- Stormsomething

NO CLUE:
- Ayano
- DOC

The NO CLUE are just too inactive, I don't want to lynch them right now.

I am especially suspicious of YIGAhim,
look at his posts (he made 16 so far, this is only a small selection, but I think they show the image):

What all these posts have in common is that they make YIGA seem relatively active and involved (he joins discussions, has a thoughtful opinion on everything) but he is playing too safe. None of his posts truly put him in the line of fire. He avoids confrontations and rarely attacks someone openly. I think that is a classic scum tactic: making intelligent comments, appearing to be thoughtful and avoiding confrontations. Very survival-orientated. I think he's scum.

Finally, I was getting worried about Yiga but I think that clears him up for now and that’s a pretty good list, much like.

Unvote

Vote: Megapod

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Since it's better for us to have a lynch, instead of voting for Deku (who I don't think anyone else is going to vote for) I guess I'll choose one of the forming wagons. I feel better about MegaPod than Yiga. Mega has been fairly cautious, but still making suggestions and taking actions. Whereas Yiga hasn't done too much so far.

funnier6

Courage~
Since it's better for us to have a lynch, instead of voting for Deku (who I don't think anyone else is going to vote for) I guess I'll choose one of the forming wagons. I feel better about MegaPod than Yiga. Mega has been fairly cautious, but still making suggestions and taking actions. Whereas Yiga hasn't done too much so far.

Minish, that is literally every single gameeee @YIGAhim do you want to claim anything? (Not vanilla)

MegaPod

Spooky Ceramic
Might as well get my claim out while I have a moment. I'm the 1×Bulletproof Townie...just, not anymore.

MegaPod

Spooky Ceramic
Well, ok...only because I'm not sure anyone else is saving me. Let's see how this plays.

Also, not sure this is worth mentioning, but I kinda have a strange gut feeling about funnier. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom