• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Smash Bros. Needs Young (not Toon) Link from Majora's Mask

Salem

SICK
Toon Link position on the Tier list is higher than Young Link. So Toon is the superior character. ;P

For the record (and this is probably due to lack of clarity on my part), the "(not Toon) Link" portion of the title is not necessarily meant to say that I dislike Toon Link or even want him replaced in any upcoming Smash Bros. I simply meant to clarify that I wasn't talking about Toon Link, and was instead referring to Young Link (in particular, the Link from Majora's Mask). I prefer other versions of Link to Toon Link, personally, but don't have a major issue with the art style. Though I am a huge fan of WW, I think I like that style of Link better in handheld titles.

I also wasn't saying I think it was going to happen because I know it isn't (at least not in the upcoming Smash Bros.).

For those saying Young Link is not relevant, I strongly disagree. OoT is arguably one of the most well known, iconic Zelda titles, and as Link from MM is the same Link from OoT, he would be easily recognizable. I would argue that this version of Link is more relevant then TP Link (since the OoT remaster is more recent than TP). Toon Link in the upcoming Brawl is fitting and will help give new fans a sense of unity in regards to the Wii U's rather meager gaming library, so I understand. Of course, a remake/remaster of MM would definitely help the odds of my dream becoming a reality.

Another thing (sorry, I'm on my phone and find it difficult to quote people) I noticed someone mentioned was how his transformation would work and compared it to the Zelda/Sheik model (or said that might be the only way it could work). I think the best set up to mimic would be the Pokemon Trainer (who, I'd like to point out, isn't overpowered IMHO). The difference would be, of course, that YL would have four playable versions as opposed to PT's three. Another option would be to have them cycle through, perhaps pressing down + B to change into a Deku, Goron, and Zora respectively. The time you could remain transformed could be limited, or you could be returned to normal after receiving a powerful blow from an opponent. I see a lot of options for it that I think could work out fairly easily, but that's just me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The drawback is that we already have toon link and adult link. Having three links would seem excessive. I think that the links we have in now is all we are getting. Majoras mask is not a title many non hardcore zelda fans have played. It is pretty irrelevant to anyone who is not a zelda fan. Unless there was a HD or 3D remake of MM. I see no reason to put in a MM version of young link.

Last edited:
I don't think they will bring the Link from Majora's Mask into Smash Bros. 4 since Toon Link is already in the character roster. If they had made a Majora's Mask remake instead of a Wind Waker remake then it wouldn't be Toon Link but the Majora's Mask Link, I guess. It would be nice to see him fighting with the transformation masks, maybe even Fierce Deity as Final Smash.

Fig

The Altruist
I don't think they will bring the Link from Majora's Mask into Smash Bros. 4 since Toon Link is already in the character roster. If they had made a Majora's Mask remake instead of a Wind Waker remake then it wouldn't be Toon Link but the Majora's Mask Link, I guess. It would be nice to see him fighting with the transformation masks, maybe even Fierce Deity as Final Smash.

You see that's the thing. It isn't about which game was recently release that confirms a character for Smash Bros, but rather how big of an impact they have contributed in their respective franchises. It makes complete sense that Toon Link would be confirmed for Smash 4 than Young Link because Toon Link appears in more games and is more well-known than Young Link. Sure Young Link came out in the beloved games that is Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but Toon Link has been appearing since the Wind Waker back in 2003. And while both Young and Toon Link are practically clones of Link, I believe Toon Link does however feel different compared to Link as he is more floaty and quicker than the original Link. With Young Link, I always felt that the only difference between the two Links in Melee was the Fire Arrows. Hence is why I believe that Toon Link would make sense to reappear for Smash 4 than Young Link.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I am totally a fan of this idea. I'm a big young Link fan, he was by far my favorite character in Melee. Being able to use him as well as Deku Goron and Zora Link would make for a really awesome character. And his final smash could be transforming into fierce deity Link.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Transformations are no more, so this idea can finally be ditched. Honestly, I could never see it happening to begin with. Let's move on and hope for a Young Link costume for Toon Link at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom