• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword's New Plot Style

I

Inkfizz

In my first experience of skyward sword, I was interested and surprised at the different plot that it has that the other games dont have. In most zelda games, there's always a hyrule or a castle town. At first in skyward sword, i didnt mind that it didnt have it. But when I thought about it, I realized there was something missing, and it was Some kind of Hyrule. Although it would probably ruin the skyloft plot, I would still like it if Nintendo had created like a Hyrule on the surface that was in ruins or even a hyrule that was in the sky that expanded skyloft. For example, in twilight princess, there was a hyrule castle that was fascinating, and vast. Although i hated escaping jail as a wolf my first time, I still found it pretty cool. In Ocarina of Time, there was a hyrule castle that was at first filled with happiness and then turned into dooms day. In Majora's Mask, there is termina- although its not Hyrule, its still alot like it- I found Termina quite cool, too. What i'm saying is that since Legend of Zelda is a medieval game, Skyward Sword should have some kind of castle cause basically, the castle in TP & OoT are like your home since you go there so much whether its for potions, or for rupee's, or for side quests, etc.

Since SS is a prequel, it isn't needed and wouldn't make much sense to have a "hyrule" considering the skyloftians are the only humans on the planet. So the "headmasters" sort of resembled a king of some sort, but i do not feel like the game and plot would've worked as well with a hyrule.

I

Inkfizz

Well ya but I just felt like they could have done some sort of hyrule castle ruins that were built before the goddess brought the humans to the sky, kind of like having a temple of time theme from TP to it.

zeldatreasure

zeldatreasurechest
The courtyard with the statue of the goddess Hylia reminded of the courtyard from OoT where Link meets Zelda for the first time in that game. I thought that area had a castle feel.

I

Inkfizz

yes but I wish they had expanded upon from that area, like maybe they could have put a hidden side quest there that was required before the statue falls down. Or possibly they could have put some sort of way to the goddess statue like a ladder that is on the back of it that no one would bother looking for.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I definetly agree that zelda is a medieval game and that the absence of hyrule castle confused me too. but what ive come to realize is SS focused more around magic and being different from other zelda games. A community in the sky is more magical than a castle on the ground, isnt it? not that i dont like hyrule castle, i LOVE hyrule castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom