• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword's Marketing Strategy?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Come now, everything is not truly all about money. Though money is something that all companies love, when you are a company like Nintendo that makes a lot of money you can fork over a bit for art if you have the right people. Wind Waker would not really be what it was had Nintendo been thinking entirely of money. However I am sure they were thinking about money when they had created Twilight Princess to appeal to the American audience (the larger Zelda audience) since Majora's Mask and Wind Waker failed to gain Ocarina numbers and both of those games were highly artistic. Honestly, I think that when Nintendo gets a straight amount of streamlined success they'll work more for art than money. This game is coming out after Wind Waker has found a place amongst Zelda fans and new fans were created by Twilight Princess.

By mixing both these styles they want everyone to love it though they know that people would dislike it as well.

Well I know the creators would make more money by
1. Reusing Twilight Princess graphics like they said they could have done, making less cost on production because it would take less time, and all the other factors that changing graphics cost.
2. The game would already be out and they'd already be making profits on it. (They even said the game would already be out if they didn't change graphical styles)
3. Realistic graphics garentees great sales, because they already know realistic graphics sell better comparing wind wakers sales to twilight princess sales.

So, ya i think they changed it because they felt thats what zelda was. If they wanted to make money, they'd have used TP's graphics.
So to answer, Skyward Sword IS a marketing strategy because it's a zelda game and zelda games make a crap tons of money, but it ISN'T if you think they made it solely to make the most amount of cash a zelda game can make. But ya, what ChargewithSword said, Twilight Princess was a gaurentee money making game, they took no chances. They made the game everyone wanted. Realistic and like Ocarina of Time. Oh, Skyward Sword isn't a marketing stratgey, but Ocarina of Time remake definately is.

So, ya i think they changed it because they felt thats what zelda was. If they wanted to make money, they'd have used TP's graphics.
So to answer, Skyward Sword IS a marketing strategy because it's a zelda game and zelda games make a crap tons of money, but it ISN'T if you think they made it solely to make the most amount of cash a zelda game can make. But ya, what ChargewithSword said, Twilight Princess was a gaurentee money making game, they took no chances. They made the game everyone wanted. Realistic and like Ocarina of Time. Oh, Skyward Sword isn't a marketing stratgey, but Ocarina of Time remake definately is.

I think my point has gone totally over your head. Your acting like my portrayal of Nintendo is the big greedy company that only wants money; this couldn't be further from the truth.

My entire point rests on the idea that the graphics, style, and mood are based of the GAME PLAY that Nintendo wants to implement in a given Zelda game, so money's not a primary focus, but rather channeled into the two elements I mentioned as both are shaped according to what game play Nintendo wants. I don't feel like regurgitating my entire last post, so please go read it again.

And don't get mad and start taking cheap shots at the OoT remake. This isn't that big of an idea, and I'm not even bashing the precious SS. Just pointing out the connection thus far between the game elements/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom