• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Reference in OoT

Norisom

Hero of Something...
I was playing OoT and in the "three goddesses" story it mentioned that the three gods came down to a chaos that was Hyrule. Do you think it is possible that in Skyward Sword it would explaine this story more? Hyrule is chaos in Skyward Sword after all.

Djinn

and Tonic
I do not believe so. The term was first used in Greek mythological creation stories. There is a mention of there being nothing but chaos before the gods came and formed the world.

Chaos (Greek: χάος ; in English pronounced /ˈkeɪ.ɒs/[1]) in Greek Mythology and cosmology referred to a gap or abyss at the beginning of the world, or more generally the initial, formless state of the universe.

The translators were most likely copying this in reference to a mythological depiction of the creation of the world by gods. Meaning that there was nothing but a void or formless energy or emptiness before the golden goddesses created the land. Not that there was any civil unrest before their coming or else all the tribes, trees, mountains, and animals would have been present at the time they created Hyrule.

S

Skyward

Well, thats somewhat debatable, as Djinn said, "Chaos" is a term usually used for the formless state of the created universe.
However, that could be true, as SS is said to take place BEFORE Oot and Hyrule is in chaos.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I think the Chaos may be a war that's taking place in Hyrule between a newly formed monarchy and the main villain....either that or the villain has taken over and is creating chaos in Hyrule....my point is obvious though isnt it? lol I dunno whatever it is, it's chaos

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ok, one, it's "goddesses," and two, the "chaos" was before the earth was made by them. It's, like, nothingness, I guess. The area they descended on later became Hyrule. Well, actually the Sacred Realm, but Hyrule didn't exist. Then it did. That's all there is to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom