• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I thought the same thing about the mafia. A while ago I said there were only four mafia, the four bosses of the game. But Demise's sudden appearance in the night scenes made me think otherwise. It is rather inconsistent to make two bosses scum but not the other two. So I now assume that there were five total. As for my exclusion of Ghirahim from the list of scum, we haven't seen much from him in the night scenes. Part of me suspected we wouldn't see Ghirahim or Demise make an appearance in this game early on after Johnny's death.

But again, I think we're at lylo, and the vig is going to be the only person who can save town. (8 players now-minus today's lynch minus the NK; 6 player left, three of which could be scum) Whether or not there is three scum left is a pretty big gamble that we shouldn't risk.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I never played Skyward Sword so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ can't help you with that.

Though, when I was helping co-mod a game, we had to scrap roles and change roles a lot to balance it out. One character I just couldn't see with the Mafia. They seemed much more 3rd party. But in the end we decided to throw him in there. I wouldn't make consistency much of a problem unless there was another group of bad guys in Skyward Sword which was smaller, and Pendio could have used them. Was there?

Sorry, I just find it hard thinking, if your claim is true, there being 3 third party with two having killing abilities. And 5 mafia. And 12 town. I can be wrong, though. We haven't seen all the town roles yet. Maybe Pendio found a way to balance it out.

Eduarda

Well, I guess debating on if it's lylo right now would lead us in circles. There're still 8 unknown roles right now. Anything can be the end result. We should probably focus more on if we're willing to take the chance on Doc, or wait and see if we can get better information.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
See, the thing is let's say we go No Lynch. We don't lynch so there's still 8 people left going into the night. The doctor protects the Vig and the Vig can take out Doc. One thing I noticed is the GF isn't dead yet, and he's probably immune at night. So, if we kill Doc at night and he turns out to be town, plus the mafia kill, we would end up at pretty much the same place as if we lynch Doc now, except that if he is the GF then the kill won't go through, the Vig can confirm it tomorrow and we lynch Doc tomorrow and go into tomorrow's night with 6 players. Except, so many things could go wrong. What if Doc is in fact the Survivor, but he is also immune at night, so tomorrow we lynch him thinking he's mafia and simply waste another day and doom the town? Or what if there are indeed two mafia left and they have a strongman and they manage to kill the Vig despite the doctor and that kill takes precedence over the vig kill so we're left exactly like today with no confirmed mafia except no vig either? I know these are very specific, maybe improbable scenarios, but I'm just trying to illustrate why I feel like lynching Doc today is a better plan. We'd be in a very similar scenario to what we would be if we didn't lynch, except there's a higher chance a mafioso would be dead without as much risk of things going wrong.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else but that's why I'm more in favor of a Lynch today.

Eduarda

Mez, if you dont mind, I think we should hammer. Majority of active players seem to be agreeing with it, anyways. I know it's going to be a big risk, but now I feel it's better to take a risk than not. GDL's reasoning makes sense.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I see where you're coming from. There are so many possibilities that we shouldn't focus on just one.

I also almost forgot that, assuming one of us isn't killed tonight, we have 2 confirmed townies going into the next day period (Myself and Batman). Assuming we do end up in lylo, we might have 3 scum hiding amongst the final four unconfirmed players.

I really wanna hear from Sadia and Blackkirby. Both of them were fairly active earlier on, but both have seemingly left this game. Sadia's last post was May 18th while Blackkirby's was May 15th. Regardless of Doc's alignment, I think both of them would be good contenders for scum.

Sadia stuck out to me earlier when she threw suspicion at Batman, who is confirmed town now. She also defended David while he was on the chopping block, which is a very common scum tactic (defending a townie to make yourself look more townlike). Blackkirby hasn't done much but follow the crowd throughout the entire game. I'm gonna take a look through their posts during the night.

FoS: Sadia and Blackkirby

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I also wanna mention that Mathias (Ayano Keiko), who Sadia replaced, drew a lot of attention to himself during Day 1. I know that's not a surefire scumtell, but it is worth mentioning because I find the people who draw attention to themselves often end up being scum.

Eduarda

I also wanna mention that Mathias (Ayano Keiko), who Sadia replaced, drew a lot of attention to himself during Day 1. I know that's not a surefire scumtell, but it is worth mentioning because I find the people who draw attention to themselves often end up being scum.
Tbh, that's how Mathias plays every game :P

Also, since this has been brought up a few times, I might as well give it a try. @Pendio, are you able to tell us if the godfather is bulletproof?

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
I've been reading the thread, I just haven't had my computer so it's been really hard getting a post in. Will post asap.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 6 Vote Tally:
Doc – 4 (Mellow Ezlo, Eduarda, Linkdude74, Go_Dark_Link)
Eduarda – 1 (Doc)

Not voting:Batman, Blackkirby, Sadia

With 8 players alive it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, May 30th 2015 at 11:00 PM CEST.

Vote count:
Linkdude74 - 2
Blackkirby - 0
Sadia - 1

The remaining players have reached the minimum post requirement of 3 today.

@Pendio, are you able to tell us if the godfather is bulletproof?

I'm afraid I cannot give away any information like that.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Okay, I think my computer is gone for good. XD

Sadia stuck out to me earlier when she threw suspicion at Batman, who is confirmed town now. She also defended David while he was on the chopping block, which is a very common scum tactic (defending a townie to make yourself look more townlike). Blackkirby hasn't done much but follow the crowd throughout the entire game. I'm gonna take a look through their posts during the night.

I don't think I really "threw" suspicion on Batman. I genuinely thought he was suspicious at the time. I had noticed he was really playing up how new he was to the game, and I remembered how I did the same thing in my very first game as scum to gain trust. So, I called him out on it and he defended himself. Obviously my opinion on Batman has changed since, but at that time, I was simply trying to scum hunt. I think the same goes for David. There was someone in the game who was under suspicion, but some of his actions came across as un-scummy to me, so I brought it up. I don't really know what else I can say on the matter. That wasn't me trying to look Town or anything, I was really just stating what I saw.

As for what's going on in the game right now, I am on the fence as to what to do. Doc's claim doesn't really seem like a fakeclaim, because if he was scum he would have claimed a Town role. However this doesn't help him. We can't trust Third Party AT ALL, especially at endgame. Their only job is to survive with the winning faction, meaning Doc could backstab Town at any time if he survives till Lylo. I think we should lynch him. I know it seems wasteful that we aren't lynching scum once again, but someone said before, the fewer we have, the easier it gets.

People are worried that this lynch will lead us into lylo. Well, I have nooooo idea whatsoever of the characters, so I dunno how many mafia members are left. From what I can remember though, in the flavour, there's only been one scaly man that's been described, right? What if it's just the godfather left and that's why we haven't seen anyone else in the flavour? Besides, this whole notion was first brought up by Doc himself, so I get the feeling he's trying to manipulate us into not lynching him. But IF, on the chance he is right, the idea of a LyLo situation makes me pretty nervous, and that is why I am on the fence to hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom