• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Leaving Much To Be Explained.

Skyward Sword is supposed to be the first game on the timeline right?
Well I was looking forward to this game for multiple reasons when I heard this.
I was hoping for an origin story for the Goron's and the Zora's. The Hylian's were some what explained to a point.
All Skyward Sword really gave us was-
The Story of The First Hero,
Where the Hero's clothes came from,
Why Zelda, Link and Gannondorf continue to reappear,
How the Master Sword was created,
And how Hyrule was re-inhabited (sort of).

What other things/events do you guys think Skyward Sword should have revealed?

I was really hoping for an explanation of the rito tribe, or more information to confirm my theory was correct and the Zora reincarnate into the Rito.
But all i got was more questions, and less answers.
Do the Parella turn into the Zora?
Where do the mogmas dissappear to?
And other things like that.
Also, i would have liked to know why the mountain was called Death Mountain by the Gorons.
I also wanted to know where the Gorons came from! But, i didn't get that answered either lol.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Frankly I don't want much to be explained. That leaves a bunch of room for mystery and intrigue about the history spreading past Skyward Sword's time. Other games can use the knowledge and explicate within the story easily. If too much is revealed early on, then the potential for more plotlines reduces itself, and the series overall will either become stagnant or die out. That's something they're planning to avoid, to my understanding.

winterbytumblr said:
I also wanted to know where the Gorons came from!

They did answer this to a degree. The Gorons were vagrant adventurers of sorts who apparently had no established home at this point. It's clear enough that they will come to inhabit Death Mountain, and that apparently happens between SS and OoT.

I was really hoping for an explanation of the rito tribe, or more information to confirm my theory was correct and the Zora reincarnate into the Rito.
But all i got was more questions, and less answers.
Do the Parella turn into the Zora?
Where do the mogmas dissappear to?
And other things like that.
Also, i would have liked to know why the mountain was called Death Mountain by the Gorons.
I also wanted to know where the Gorons came from! But, i didn't get that answered either lol.

Yes! Exactly.
I don't see the point of creating new races for a prequel when they don't ever appear in any other game haha.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Nintendo does this to keep people involved in the story of Zelda and to make people think about what is happening. It makes the game closer to each person, and I like thinking about how things happen in my own hyrule.

Z

Zelda Character

I wanted them to tie Fi into the story more. She was too under developed, and had nothing to do with the story and the other characters.

If it weren't for the many mysteries to be found [in SS], there wouldn't be any Zelda theorists. I'm not a theorist myself, but it is fun to read and debunk the theories of others from time to time.

Skyward Sword is supposed to be the first game on the timeline right?
Well I was looking forward to this game for multiple reasons when I heard this.
I was hoping for an origin story for the Goron's and the Zora's. The Hylian's were some what explained to a point.
All Skyward Sword really gave us was-
The Story of The First Hero,
Where the Hero's clothes came from,
Why Zelda, Link and Gannondorf continue to reappear,
How the Master Sword was created,
And how Hyrule was re-inhabited (sort of).

What other things/events do you guys think Skyward Sword should have revealed?

I was hoping for all the same things as well. I'm willing to bet the next game is going to cover some of these things and is going to take place not long after SS since there is still a big gap in the timeline.

I expected it to explain things at first, but then I realized how silly that was. It's a Zelda game! It makes up for anything it explains by creating more questions. I don't mind it that way though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom