• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Health/Boss Difficulty

• Thread starter wiimasterplayer
  • Start date

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I actually wonder if we will start with the traditional three hearts this time around. I doubt it will be as much as 7 but a stalfos would kill you in one or 2 hits if you started with three. I do not wish to start with three and the stalfos dishes out a measly half heart of damage I want enemies that take off multiple hearts like the iron knuckles from OOT+MM

wait they said skys the first temple right so does that means there are still weak bosses AKA mini boss in mini dungeons before ghrihim? so youll probally have 5 hearts at the game if theres atleast afew dungeon besides temples who thinks im on to something?

Yes, I believe you're on to something, zeldawesome :yes:. Link could very well have at least four hearts at this point. One could almost surely be expected to have a ton of sword training under one's belt for just this occasion (dueling 1:1) as well. Imagine how many tutorials and training sessions Link might go through before this point; he even supposedly attends a school for knights....so yeah.

It is most likely a scenario that resembles Wind Waker, where Link trains with a master (like Orca), and leaves Skyloft (like Outset Island) well prepared, not to mention the practice and basic experience you will have acquired facing baddies and mini-boss(es) (possibly Stalfos from the demo). So, in conclusion, I guess one could say, Lord Ghirahim's duel with Link is where all the beginning sword skills culminate into one test (Lord Ghirahim :yes:).

I think Ghirahims difficulty is fine. you will have preparation since you wont just be throne into the battle like many people in the demo were. Plus there are many hearts in the area.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I am definitely concerned about this. If battles like this are too hard, it may ruin the game for me. I don't want the game to be so difficult that it's not fun anymore. I don't want to have to practice for days just to figure things out. The game has a lot of elements that are already looking as though they might be a challenge, and difficult bosses that kill you in three hits will not help matters.

They just might be creating a Zelda game that will only appeal to a niche group of hardcore gamers, if they're not careful to balance the difficulty with less punishing segments. I know that some people want to feel like they're getting "more game for their money" and want the game to last a long time, but I don't feel that making the game difficult/impossible for average people to beat is the right way to do it.

It's hard to make these determinations from demos, though, and I think we'll need to wait until reviews are posted on major gaming sites to get an idea of what the game is really like. I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt until I've played it myself. If it's impossible to beat, I'll be sure to whine about it on this site... a lot. I will warn you, rest assured.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The Sky Temple is a long way from the beginning of the game, you'll have an entire intro sequence, a forest area and half a temple before you fight Ghirahim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom