• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword/Four Sword/Master Sword, All the Same Blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overheadzelda

Reviver of threads
So, I have this little theory about the Master Sword, But it could be totally wrong, and I haven't even played all the games involved, so don't take this as fact or anything, and if there is any evidence against this theory, please post it.

First or all, I support this timeline:

SS---MC---FS---FSA---Oot-(split)

So, I was thinking, what if the Skyward Sword ends up as the four sword at the end of SS, not the Master Sword? What if it is upgraded to the four sword, THEN to the Master Sword? (somtime between FSA and Oot) What do you think?

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
It's already been confirmed that Skyward Sword tells the forging of the Master Sword, so it wouldn't have changed in between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. So I wouldn't say that the Four Sword is the same as the other two, at least not using that timeline.

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
The design is not a good argument but, the Goddess Sword in SS become the Master Sword, while the Four Sword is the reforged Picori Blade. Also, the effect of Four Sword (splitting in four) is not an effect of the Master Sword.

The easiest way to find an answer to this quesiton is to see if the two swords co-exists in one game. They actually do: Both the Master Sword and the Four Sword are seen in the "Palace of the Four Sword" (PotFS) in the GBA remake of AlttP. So, as long as that extra dungeon is canon, the blades are not the same.

In short.

- If the PotFS is canon
->Master Sword =/= Four Sword

(Then we have the Master Sword in FS Anniversary Edition, but that is perhaps another discusion...)

/Blue Window

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Please construct your theory using as much in-game evidence as possible; if you haven't played the games in question, I recommend playing them before posting a theory based on information that pertains to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom