• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword As Light As Were Gonna Think Its Gonna Be?

Look at Oot, even MM, yeah, they are both filled with dark scary things, majoras mask more then Oot, but still, that game has silly moments, it had a lot of stuff in there to make you laugh (less so in Tp). Look at WW, very light hearted game, it may have dark parts, but the whole game didn't make you feel as much as Tp did. But Tp wasn't that happy, wasn't as magical, and made you feel deppresed the whole way through... Both WW and Tp lacked somthing that MM and Oot had... and that was a balance.

wind waker was light hearted and happy, twilight princess was dark and sad. Now a lot of times, there are people who like one and not the other, but how many people HATE MM and LOVE Oot? I'm sure they are out there, but there not as many as WW and Tp. cuz of MM and Oot balance of dark and light, it appealed to both cheldren and adults, the people who like light things, and people who like dark things.

Now look at the graphics of WW and Tp, both potray the games right? look at SS, don't a lot of people agree that its sorta a mix of them both? WW(light)+tp(dark)= skyward sword! :D

Djinn

and Tonic
I have said in a different discussion that maybe all we have seen so far is the sunny, colorful areas of Skyloft. The area that is reasonably safe from the darkness below on the surface. It could be possible that the colors in skyloft are a little brighter to contrast from the conquered surface of Hyrule. It still might be possible that the land below is the dark and grim area some fans are looking for.

But the Light/Dark contrast has been ongoing since the first LoZ. There we had the light overworld, and the dark and scary underworld. AoL had the Bright Hyrule and the dark, dangerous dungeons. LttP had contrasting Light and Dark Worlds. The dungeons of the Light world were even sunnier. Then OoT with the happier child Link time and grimdark adult time. Wind Waker actually was a bit of a mix. At first the sea was dark and stormy, then there were Moblin forts all over the ocean making it appear that the Great was was essentially taken over already. But the land below the water was still bright and cheery. Then TP has the Light world and the Twilight Realm. And shows us what happens when the two mix.

I do not doubt that we will see a very similar light and dark atmosphere in SS. Only with the very few pics we have seen so far, they were all depicting the light places.

I would just like to point something out: The people who love OoT but hate MM, in my experience, don't hate it because of the grimmer, darker atmosphere, they hate it because it is DIFFERENT. Only four dungeons, less items, Masks that have special effects, limited time to get everything done... All examples of how Majora's Mask is different than your "ordinary" Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom