• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Strike?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I kind of think it's due to the fact that Fi's in her eternal slumber. While Fi was alive she was the source of power for the charge of a Skyward Strike. When she slept for ever, that power went away. Kind of a guess. :sweat:

More to do with the capabilities of motion control than anything else. Ever Since Zelda went 3d with Ocarina of Time Shigeru Miyamoto has wanted a way for Link to raise the sword above his head, it is only now that they have been able to implement it into a game. It also has more to do with the story than anything else too. It could be the fact that Fi becomes dormant within the Master Sword at the end of SS, thus ceasing its ability to create the magic/power used for a Skyward Strike.

Those are just my guesses anyway. Its also game and technology progression. Things are possible now that weren't back in 1998.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
From a logical standpoint, it's because Skyward Sword came out in 2011, and the Skyward Strike is a new idea. Also, like Spiritofzant said, the game software would not allow Link to raise his sword above his head.

From a serious standpoint, it's because Link could use the Skyward Strike thanks to the powers of the Goddess, Hylia. Fi is most likely the reason that the powers of the Goddess were in the sword to begin with, and once the Goddess's mission was complete, there was no need for Fi anymore- or her powers. So along with Fi, the Goddess's powers fell dormant and never awakened again. That's my reasoning for the other Link's inability to use the Skyward Strike.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Of why you can't actually do it in the gameplay, its because Skyward Sword is the most recent release.
But thats the boring answer ;)

I'd guess it's because Fi is eternally sleeping and her presence in the sword is no longer there.
Or maybe none of the other Links have ever pointed their sword to the sky for that long before. lol

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
The best answer I can come up with is because Fi's spirit no longer rests within the sword (or at least lies dormant). That's why the next generation Links can't use the Skyward Strike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom