• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyrim is Not That Cool

ok i think skyrim is not that cool because it isnt that fun. games like zelda are a lot better because being a big game does not mean it is a good game. in skyrim you need a road map just to know where to go i am a amazing gamer and i like smaller games because i am a learner of every single place in a game. skyrim is also really dumb because you can set fat slug things on fire even though fat slug things are not possible to be set on fire because they are very fat and look ugly and are underwater a lot.

zelda just makes more sense than skyrim so who here also thinks this?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Not my thing, I admit. Its main quest leaves a lot to be desired and I'm not big on sidequests in general. Exploration is pretty awful in any game with a solid main quest. It only works in games like SM64 where you don't need to do many specific things and can just get through it on pure exploration.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I honestly don't understand why Skyrim and Zelda are compared to other games that are nothing like them. Skyrim compared to Zelda. Zelda compared to Call of Duty. FREAKING HALO COMPARED TO TETRIS!!!

Skyrim is one of the greatest Open-World, Action-RPGs to ever be made, and Zelda is one of the greatest Action-Adventure games to ever be made, in my opinion.

I also have no idea what the OP is talking about. The only thing I got out of it are smaller maps are better because there's less to explore and easier to memorize, which I disagree with. I find Skyrims overworld better than any Zelda overworld. For the most part, Zelda games have empty overworlds with not much to explore. The real content in Zelda games is in the Dungeons. Skyrim has a huge overworld covered with areas to explore. There never a place that feels barren in that game. It also has tons of quest and side-quest and dungeons to explore. It has hundreds of hours of gameplay in one disk and even more fun and adventure in the DLCs.

I'm not saying Zelda is bad or Skyrim is better. I just don't understand how Skyrim isn't "cool".

Mido

Version 1
Now, I have to say, I'm with DarkestLink on this one. I didn't find Skyrim to be the best thing ever, but I have to give credit to where it is due: Skyrim is a solid game. (I personally prefer Oblivion, which I think has a better overall package.) Skyrim's combat is polished, and it can prove to be an adventure and a half depending on the time of day. I do believe that it can be compared to Zelda to a degree, as I find both games to be relatively similar, but the games play to different strengths and weaknesses. Like the Samurai Guy said above, Zelda's dungeon delving escapades are more developed than Skyrim's, but the latter also has a decently expansive overworld to explore. I'll regurgitate this again, while I think these games can be compared, they play to different sides of the gaming experience. Now, I do agree that the game in question isn't my favorite, but for different reasons. Yet, I can see the appeal in it as well.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
skyrim is also really dumb because you can set fat slug things on fire even though fat slug things are not possible to be set on fire because they are very fat and look ugly and are underwater a lot.

Wow, great argument, you sold me there!

Hmm, let's see...

- Fire Breathing Lizards
- Talking hats that make you tiny
- A talking boat that is secretly the overweight king of an underwater land
- A man who died, turned himself into a pig, died again, came back, died again, revived, died again, revived, died again...
- A parallel universe in which a possessed demonic mask takes over the body of a... wtf is a skull kid?... and makes the moon fall down and destroy everything
- Men made out of rocks
- Fish people
- Playing a song that magically makes it rain
- Playing a song that magically... allows you to travel in time?
- A talking tree that is much bigger inside than it is outside
- A boy who wears green and goes randomly smashing pots while screaming "HIYAH"
- A floating hunk of rock in the sky, wtf??
- A full civilization on said floating hunk of rock in the sky, even more wtf??

Yup, Zelda makes so much sense!

Mido

Version 1
- Fire Breathing Lizards
- Talking hats that make you tiny
- A talking boat that is secretly the overweight king of an underwater land
- A man who died, turned himself into a pig, died again, came back, died again, revived, died again, revived, died again...
- A parallel universe in which a possessed demonic mask takes over the body of a... wtf is a skull kid?... and makes the moon fall down and destroy everything
- Men made out of rocks
- Fish people
- Playing a song that magically makes it rain
- Playing a song that magically... allows you to travel in time?
- A talking tree that is much bigger inside than it is outside
- A boy who wears green and goes randomly smashing pots while screaming "HIYAH"
- A floating hunk of rock in the sky, wtf??
- A full civilization on said floating hunk of rock in the sky, even more wtf??

Not to mention: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijSRDVxQdw

D

Deleted member 14134

Actually Skyrim is pretty cool. So is Zelda. You'll be happier if you just enjoy the game you like rather than trying to convince people that other games aren't as good.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Well, to be honest, I really enjoyed Skyrim. I would even go so far as to say that I got a better adventure out of it than I did with most Zelda games. The large, expansive world was fun to explore, and everything flowed so nicely.

ok with zelda skyward sword i can follow every move the games makes that is cool but if i play on skyrim which isnt even that cool i dont follow it at all yet my borther thinks it is easy to follow. fire breathing lizards is easy to understand because in myths lizard could breath the fire but in skyrim fat slug things are not even real and i dont understand why fire cant even hurt them. i am just going to tell you all now if you are in a bath and a dragon came and breathed fire on you all you would be dead because water cannot protect you from fire of that heating level. i asked my dad and he said it couldnt either so its true.

I've yet to play Skyrim, but I'm sure that I'd have fun with it based on what I've seen. Seems like something I'd play and enjoy just as much as I enjoy playing Zelda.

Anyway, there's a Zelda mod for Skyrim.

Dan

I've yet to play Skyrim, but I'm sure that I'd have fun with it based on what I've seen. Seems like something I'd play and enjoy just as much as I enjoy playing Zelda.

Anyway, there's a Zelda mod for Skyrim.

I personally think Skyrim is already COOL, but if Zelda is REALLY COOL, then that means this mod makes Skyrim TRIPLE COOL!!!!!!!

Fig

The Altruist
Really, it is just your opinion on what you personally like. There's no need to bash on other works just because you dislike it. I like Skyrim but I would not degrade it compared to another series such as Zelda. Both are equally good and both have their flaws and though I have a preference to Zelda, I wouldn't say "SKYRIM IS TERRIBLE, ZELDA FTW!!!!!" because let's face it, people are going to have different interests. Both series are quite good in their own rights, but that doesn't mean we should degrade them simply because we like something else more.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
This has to be a joke thread...
Not done very well at all, but this can't be someone's serious opinion:

ok with zelda skyward sword i can follow every move the games makes that is cool but if i play on skyrim which isnt even that cool i dont follow it at all yet my borther thinks it is easy to follow. fire breathing lizards is easy to understand because in myths lizard could breath the fire but in skyrim fat slug things are not even real and i dont understand why fire cant even hurt them. i am just going to tell you all now if you are in a bath and a dragon came and breathed fire on you all you would be dead because water cannot protect you from fire of that heating level. i asked my dad and he said it couldnt either so its true.

ok i think skyrim is not that cool because it isnt that fun. games like zelda are a lot better because being a big game does not mean it is a good game. in skyrim you need a road map just to know where to go i am a amazing gamer and i like smaller games because i am a learner of every single place in a game. skyrim is also really dumb because you can set fat slug things on fire even though fat slug things are not possible to be set on fire because they are very fat and look ugly and are underwater a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom