• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyrim and Its DLC's

I'm making this a Spoiler because I don't know if everyone has had chance to play the DLCs which are newer and there could be more DLCs to come out in the future. Skyrim is the first and only Elder Scroll game I have ever played and the only game like it I have played. I gave Fallout a good try but the Deathclaws made me wee a little bit so I stopped playing it.

I really had no idea what I was doing when I first picked this game up. I found the controls hard to use and it took some time to actually get used to the XBox controller as this was the first proper game I played on this console. But that was all last Christmas. I'm still very hooked on it and I'm willing to bet I'm probably one of the better players out there (despite my level). Please share your character details if you like:

Breed: Khajiit
Name: Neko Koneko
Level: 56
Stone: Thief
Skills: Sneaking, Archery, Pickpocketing.
Armour: Light (Glass- Legendary)
Choice Weapon: Glass Bow (Legendary. Enchantment: Soul Trap)
Perks: Archery, Armour, Pickpocketing, Smithing, Enchanting.
Dragons killed: 82
Favourite Power: Dark Brotherhood Spectral Assassin
Other: Werewolf

All the while there are rumours kicking around of more DLC's after Dawnguard and Heartfire, I will continue to perfect my character so I'm ready to kick those DLC's as well!

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I love The Elder Scrolls series and it's great that you're enjoying it so far :)

I have quite a few characters on Skyrim (about 20, to be more precise) but there is one I consider my 'main' character so I'll use him.

Race: Khajiit
Name: Ja'dasha
Level: 81
Stone: The Thief
Skills: Sneak, Pickpocket, Light Armour, One-Handed
Armour: Theives Guildmaster Armour
Weapon: Ebony Bow (Legendary), Mehrunes' Razor
Perks: Sneak, Pickpocket, One-Handed, Light Armour, Speech, Smithing
Dragons Killed: 127
Favourite Power: Throw Voice

The reason I have so many characters is because on The Elder Scrolls I tend to make one file to test out the game, learn a few things about everything but not go deep into it and then I use that experience to set up a male and female character for every race available. I always write a little backstory for my characters, giving them an age, a place of birth and a history that leads to the start of whichever game I'm playing. It helps structure the way I play, determining skills I'll use, weapons I'll use, factions I'll join, even what type of clothes I'll wear and how willing to help people I'll be.

I've been doing this since Oblivion and it really helps me get the most out of the games because if I'm left to my own devices I tend to just do the same things over and over and go to the same places. But my main character, the one I prefer and put the most time into, is usually always a male Khajiit. Their natural abilities just fit my natural play style perfectly.

There are rumours that the next piece of Skyrim DLC will feature the island of Solstheim. Solstheim was added to The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind as part of the Bloodmoon Expansion and if this is true then Skyrim's next DLC is most likely going to be much bigger than Dawnguard or Hearthfire. I am very excited.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Alright, I'll put my latest one. I've had to restart a few times because of glitches, and just wanting to make full use of the DLCs. But here's what I have so far:

Race: Breton
Level: 35
Stone: Steed
Skills: Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, Restoration
Clothing: Archmage's Robes
Favored Spells: Firebolt, Flesh spells, Atronach spells.
Perks: Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, Restoration, Speech
Dragons killed: 17
Favorite Power: Vampire's Sight
Other: Vampire

I've already deleted my previous main character, that was level 70 and was a nord focusing on archery and was a werewolf. I had basically finished the game, but had run into some glitches, I lost important items that I gave to a follower whose inventory reset and I didn't have a save to go back to. I had problems with Hearthfire, some of the dialogues are glitched and you can't buy certain properties if you proceeded too far in certain questlines, and the conflicting quest was even further back. So I couldn't get the property I wanted. And I wanted to play as a vampire, so I just restarted. My previous character I had started way back in January, but this one I only started a couple weeks ago.

This time around I'm a full vampire mage and Breton was a good choice for it. I finished Dawnguard from the Dawnguard side in my previous character, now I'm going to do it from the vampire side. And with my previous character, I supported the Stormcloaks, this time I'm backing the Empire. My choice of race was between Breton and Dunmer. But the Breton's racial bonus is more helpful in other areas and better for a mage whereas the Dunmer bonus only helps countering the vampire fire weakness. Vampire's Sight is an amazingly useful power. It replaces torches and the Candlelight and Magelight spells and you can use it as often as you like. Ah, and playing as a vampire adds an extra level of difficulty, as does playing as a mage. It's more fun, but it's harder too. I've yet to do anything with Illusion magic, but given the vampire bonus to it, I might, I've got a lot more leveling to do. Being a vampire is fun. It's better to manage as a mage than as anything else. With good restoration and alteration skills, you can counter the vampire weaknesses, such as the stunted regens during the daytime.

I love The Elder Scrolls series and it's great that you're enjoying it so far :)

I have quite a few characters on Skyrim (about 20, to be more precise) but there is one I consider my 'main' character so I'll use him.

Race: Khajiit
Name: Ja'dasha
Level: 81
Stone: The Thief
Skills: Sneak, Pickpocket, Light Armour, One-Handed
Armour: Theives Guildmaster Armour
Weapon: Ebony Bow (Legendary), Mehrunes' Razor
Perks: Sneak, Pickpocket, One-Handed, Light Armour, Speech, Smithing
Dragons Killed: 127
Favourite Power: Throw Voice

The reason I have so many characters is because on The Elder Scrolls I tend to make one file to test out the game, learn a few things about everything but not go deep into it and then I use that experience to set up a male and female character for every race available. I always write a little backstory for my characters, giving them an age, a place of birth and a history that leads to the start of whichever game I'm playing. It helps structure the way I play, determining skills I'll use, weapons I'll use, factions I'll join, even what type of clothes I'll wear and how willing to help people I'll be.

I've been doing this since Oblivion and it really helps me get the most out of the games because if I'm left to my own devices I tend to just do the same things over and over and go to the same places. But my main character, the one I prefer and put the most time into, is usually always a male Khajiit. Their natural abilities just fit my natural play style perfectly.

There are rumours that the next piece of Skyrim DLC will feature the island of Solstheim. Solstheim was added to The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind as part of the Bloodmoon Expansion and if this is true then Skyrim's next DLC is most likely going to be much bigger than Dawnguard or Hearthfire. I am very excited.

Wow, I seriously didn't think anyone else took this game as passionately as I do! I'm impressed! I think you and I have very similar tastes in game play. Do tend to prefer the role of Sneaking Assassin too? I can normally do one hit wonders with my bow and some class A sneaking! I didn't know when I started up but Khajiit is the best race for this kind of tactic. I only chose a Khajiit because I love cats.

So how are you guys doing in the game? So far I have:
Become the leader of the Dark Brotherhood, Companions, Thieves Guild, Arch Mage.
I own a house in every town and I am also Thane in every town.

I have completed the game and Dawnguard and Heartfire.

And this is my crowning achievement. Lydia was my first house carl and only follower throughout the game and ten months later...she still is. I doubt very much that there are many people who restarted their save files to save her life as often as I have done as followers are easy to come by throughout the game. But I love Lydia. She is my queen. She doesn't protect me. I protect her. She head-butts my enemies to death. She is also my Steward of Lakeview Manor.

Who still has their original follower, if you have one at all?

As a PS3 user I have not gotten a chance to play any DLC yet. That's OK though as I have been playing Oblivion and Fallout 3 to pass the time.

Name: Seth
Level: 30-ish
Stone: Mage (Or something I don't remember :/)
Skills: My skills are mainly One-Handed, Heavy Armor, Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, Restoration
Clothes: I think I currently have the Arch-Mages Robes from the College of Winterhold at the moment. Looks kind of ugly but has a nice boost. I used to use heavy armor but have become more of a heavy magic user of late.
Weapon: Just some enchanted swords. I usually use magic anyways with swords to augment that.
Perks: Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, Restoration basically. I have a bunch scattered all over though.
Dragons Killed: Don't remember
Favorite Power: Dead Thrall

Skyrim was my first ES game so I had no idea what I was doing at first. That is why my skills are all over the place. I chose Breton because they seem balanced and I wasn't sure I wanted to be combat or magic based. I started out mainly with physical combat but now am basically a pure magic user. When I bought Oblivion I concentrated more on my skills and what I wanted to be from the start than I did in my main Skyrim character.

I also have a Khajiit character named Mr. Whiskers, he is my 'bad' character. My main is moralistic and doesn't do Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood or most of the Deadric Quests and those type of things. So I tried to create an 'evil' character. He is like level 1 or 2, I have barely started with him. His motivation is the humiliation his name has given him so he takes his anger out on the world. I tried to make him look cute and fluffy.

As for a secondary serious character, I am going to try and make a necromancer next. Always wanted to play with a pure, or close to, necromancer character. It's an interesting play style and it's easier to do now than in Oblivion.

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Do tend to prefer the role of Sneaking Assassin too? I didn't know when I started up but Khajiit is the best race for this kind of tactic. I only chose a Khajiit because I love cats.

Yeah, I love using stealth. It started when I played Morrowind for the first time. There's a little slaver den right at the beginning and I ran in to explore and got killed immediately. I had only been playing the game for 20 minutes :|
In Morrowind, everything was at a set level right from the start so it was quite dangerous doing anything at a low level. I got into stealth so I could satisfy my curiosity while avoiding tough enemies and have been hooked on the style since.

Also, I first chose to play as Khajiit for the exact same reason, my love of cats, lmao. Like you, it was only later I realised they were matched perfectly to my style. Wood Elves are generally good for archer/assassin types too but Khajiit gain a bit of a boost to thief skills, which I use all of the time.

Also, just because I find it amusing, in Morrowind, Khajiit and Argonians couldn't wear any kind of shoes whatsoever :)

So how are you guys doing in the game? So far I have:
Become the leader of the Dark Brotherhood, Companions, Thieves Guild, Arch Mage.
I own a house in every town and I am also Thane in every town. I have completed the game and Dawnguard and Heartfire.

I have done mostly everything major across all my files but on my Ja'dasha file I am Theives Guildmaster and Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, as well as Thane of most Holds, I forget which except for The Rift (my favourite Hold). I own every house in the standard game but I do not yet have Dawnguard or Hearthfire because my money went on buying Dishonoured, Resident Evil 6 and Hitman: Absolution. I will probably pick them up when the next DLC is released and spend time on all three then.

Who still has their original follower, if you have one at all?

I never took any followers. I tried bringing Lydia along with me but she kept walking into traps while I was trying to be quiet so I asked her to stay at home and guard my stuff. She didn't seem to mind, although she now acts like it's her house and not mine :/

Skyrim was my first ES game so I had no idea what I was doing at first. When I bought Oblivion I concentrated more on my skills and what I wanted to be from the start than I did in my main Skyrim character.

Be glad you didn't start with Morrowind. At least Skyrim and Oblivion try to help ease you into it, Morrowind just says 'Here's the world,' and then leaves to hopefully not die.
But yeah, you soon learn the value of pre-planning a character, especially what skills you will use. It helps keep you from having a mis-matched character. I did a similar thing with the perks on Skyrim first time round, just grabbed what seemed useful at the time. By the time I got to around level 60 with my original character, I had perks for skills I no longer used at all and they were just wasted.

I've completely maxed out two characters legitimately and have had multiple subsequent characters. I've stripped this game of everything it has to offer several times so I haven't played it in a while. However, here was my last characters statistics/play-style:

Name: McShweiner
Level: 30-ish
Stone: Lover's Stone
Skills/Perks: One-handed, Archery, Conjuration
Clothes: Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild apparel
Weapons: Bound-weapons (Conjuration)
Favorite Shout: FUS ROH DAH!!! (Unrelenting Force)

This class was inspired by the fact that I wanted a real challenge in Skyrim. I guess you could say that this was a minimalists playthrough; basically I refused to put any investments into Alchemy, Enchanting or Smithing. Also, I played on Master Difficulty. It didn't really provide me with much of a challenge because the Bound Bow is completely OP, but meh. I had fun.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Yeah, I love using stealth. It started when I played Morrowind for the first time. There's a little slaver den right at the beginning and I ran in to explore and got killed immediately. I had only been playing the game for 20 minutes :|
In Morrowind, everything was at a set level right from the start so it was quite dangerous doing anything at a low level. I got into stealth so I could satisfy my curiosity while avoiding tough enemies and have been hooked on the style since.

My previous character was a Nord. I picked it to better fit the Stormcloak supporter role. And I was a stealth archer. My character was very powerful. I found, through extended play through the TES games, that race bonuses to skills are ultimately meaningless. What matters more are the bonus abilities and powers. And what they look like and how the lore fits your character you made. My Nord stealth archer could clear an entire dungeon without getting hit or detected. Besides the magic resistance bonus, I picked Breton for this character to fit the lore of Bretons being magic users. Stealth doesn't do much good for mages though so I didn't bother with it.

Like Seth, I have the PS3 version of the game. I'm not going to lie, I wish I had a chance to play the DLCs but it won't be the end of the world if the PS3 never gets them. Here is my information:

Race: Wood elf
Name: Cingoth
Level: 41
Stone: None as of yet.
Skills/perks: One-handed, heavy armour, archery and smithing
Clothes: Steel plate for now. Until I can get my smithing up more.
Weapon: Ebony Mace
Favorite shout: The only one I use is Dragonrend.

Jedizora

:right:
Not my best character, but the one I'm using right now.

Breed: High Elf
Name: Ulcemo
Level: 31
Stone: The Ritural Stone
Skills: Destruction, Enchanting, Illusion
Armour: Mage Armour
Choice Weapon Spell: Thunderbolt
Perks: All the mage skills, and alchemy.
Dragons killed: 51
Favourite Power: Dark Brotherhood Spectral Assassin
Other: Vampire

Would you believe, you guys have inspired me to start a whole new character and play with a side of the game I have up until now completely ignored! Here she is:

Breed: Hig Elf
Name: Lathuum
Level: 2
Stone: The Mage Stone
Skills: Destruction, Enchanting, Illusion and Magic in general.
Armour: 50% Magika Robes
Choice Weapon Spell: Undecided at this time.
Perks: All the mage skills, and alchemy.
Dragons killed: 0
Favourite Power: None as of yet.
Other: None as of yet.

She is very pretty and I'm going to attempt to never use Fast Track and travel only by foot, horse or carriage. I'm never going to steal anything or pickpocket. I'm going to go down the route of alll round good elf.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Would you believe, you guys have inspired me to start a whole new character and play with a side of the game I have up until now completely ignored!

I'm going to attempt to never use Fast Track and travel only by foot, horse or carriage.

That's excellent :)
It's always interesting to use a character who focuses on skills and styles you don't normally use. Provides an interesting challenge I think. And not using the Fast Travel is something I do quite often, particularly at the start of a new character, because it lets you really see the world and you gain lots of experience to boot. You'll usually stumble upon something you've never seen before too.

Now that I have a week before Halo 4 comes out and I just finished The Wind Waker again, I decided to take advantage of the sale on Xbox Live and grab Dawnguard and Hearthfire. Very excited to be having new quests and adventures in Skyrim again :D

Oh you'll love those DLC's. I promise you! It gives you so many options and additional quests. Great fun.

On this occasion, I have gone with the Storm Cloaks. If I had a clue what I was doing in the first place, I probably would have gone with them on my first file and not sided with the ****s who tried to cut my head off...

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Ok, just watched the trailer for the next batch of DLC, Dragonborn.

It looks like The Elder Scrolls V: Morrowind... I could not be any more excited than I am right at this moment O_O

I've got 72 hours of gameplay on that game and i did enjoy every minute of it. I mastered my speech and got complete dragon armour. Level 35 and completed main quest and all the guilds, although after i felt there wasn't a lot to do. At level 30+ your pretty much invincible and the quests are really easy. I took the roll of a warrior, I keep meaning to go back and start again as a mage though i really don't want to loose my old save :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom