• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skylofts Looks

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Do you think that skyloft will look like any of the past sky cities and temples or something completely new.

I think it will be something new but i could see them taking the city in the sky from TP and making it look less war ravished and then adding a bunch of things so that it isnt as recognizable.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I'm thinking they'll go for something new that's super bright, perhaps. I wonder what Link's peeps in Skyloft will look like? I really don't want any of that little-kids-look-up-to-Link stuff (like what they had in TP). I'm thinking that Link's house will be sorta isolated, since he is a quite, loner-ish hero. But let's not have him surrounded by a whole bunch of 9 year-olds, please. All I know is that Skyloft's look will be very new, as that's what Nintendo has been aiming at for this game in the Zelda series.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I imagine it looking like a totally remodeled City in the Sky. Even though Link usually lives in a really cute little village, I picture this being a really busy city for some reason. No clue why, though. =/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I honestly hope that Link is going to live in a busy city. Since SS is apparently before Hyrule is really stable, Skyloft should logically be a place where people can come and go, merchants everywhere, people doing all sorts of things.

Keyword: Interactivity.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I have a feeling that their will be very few towns, if any, down in Hyrule this time around. What Nintendo has said about the storyline so far makes me feel stronger about this. This being said, if their won't be many other towns that means Nintendo can put alot of effort into Skyloft. I expect it to be a big bustling city. Looking at MM, their weren't any real towns other than Clocktown but it was very deep with plenty to do there. I think I would like a single, epic city better than a bunch of dull ones. As far as how it looks? There's not much to go by yet but I'm thinking a sky-themed city would look good with Greek architecture maybe.

C

CDi-Fails

I think it's not going to be a city like area, but actually a forest and rocky desert like area, since when Link jumps down to Hyrule he's on rock.

I think Skyloft is going to look like a regular place, except around the edges it will be cloudy, because it will be a floating island. Farther inland it will be very very beautiful, to contrast the chaos of hyrule below.

Hey people, does anyone even think about the details we know? Two now known FACTS:

1.The skyward sword helps Link to switch between skyloft and hyrule.
2.Skyloft is links hometown/country and he and other people live there.

2 may make it seem like some kokiri forest, isolated from the rest. The people up there don't know the world "down under"(no, hyrule won't be australia :-P). So that is the only thing mentioned here. But think about 1! If it is ONLY Link's hometown and you get there when saving the game and there would be nothing to do perhaps a few houses and people to talk to. Like cities we knew, perhaps 1or2 minigames, what would be the point of going from hyrule to skyloft and back again? Nobody would go up there really often. It has to be a part of the story at some time. I can't really think of the point because the people from skyloft don't know hyrule and i think the people from hyrule won't know about skyloft then. But Link will find out how those two lands were separeted and in the process of finding out you have to switch between them. I can't really imagine how but perhaps you are looking for documents(like the book and the owl statues in TP, that was the city of the sky, so why can't that be similar? Will the dominion rod come back?).
Any more ideas how that will happen?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Skyloft is going to be its own new thing. And IronKnucle1, Skyloft is not just a dungeon, its link's hometown.

thats not what my idea was i was giving the idea that skyloft may look like the city in the sky and because the city in the sky is a dungeon doesnt mean i believe that skyloft is a dungeon im just saying that they may use some of the same architectural stylings.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I have the impression that Link's new hometown will be three or four times bigger than Ordon with bright houses and a few walkways between them. beyond the town borders are forests and rivers, and all of that is surrounded by a small range of mountains. Beyond the mountains the land ends in clouds but as a whole skyloft is the size of a smaller province with 1 dungeon located in one of the mountains or something. I think Hyrule will have bigger settlements because their population is larger than that of Skyloft. Hopefully. cause if Hyrule is barren again I'll be a little upset. I'm still waiting for that day when the kingdom of Hyrule actually feels like a full fledged kingdom you know? but that's off topic. Skyloft should be like Kokiri but in the sky and with real houses, plus surrounded by mountains. It's just what i imagine when i think about it... SKYLOFT!!!

i think that Skyloft will be huge and will really have the feel of a bustling city. also there will be large differences between Skyloft and anything we have seen before. large sweeping views, wisps of cloud floating through the city, the list goes on

What if Skyloft is the town of hyrule. But somthing brought down the city of Skyloft and they decided to call it hyrule. Sice it wasnt in the sky anymore. Idk Its just a suggestion. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom