• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft Training Grounds

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
The Kokiri Forest had this kind of feel to it, like it was training you in the first area of the game. To me it was almost like the area was designed to give you a simple overview of what Link could do in this new 3D Zelda game. When I think of Skyloft I get the feeling that they might try this concept again, since the controls will be new to a lot of people. The first area might be the training grounds or maybe that part will come a little later in a separate area. But I'm almost certain they will make an area in SS where we'll get a crash course on what we can expect to see later on in the game. Like tunnels, rope bridges, and jumping stones. What's your take? do you think we should get an area like this? What would you like to see for training? Dodging boulders and looking for rupees? or maybe we get to try out those ropes Link was swinging from in the E3 demo.

MM's Clocktown was a great place to train as Deku Link, and WW's Outset Island was pretty good too. It's almost a given so we may as well brainstorm about this early stage in the game.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I expect the Skyloft Training grounds will most likely be some sort of forest or grassland. Maybe even an arena. Skyloft should be pretty advanced, seeing as it can fly/hover above hyrule, so I would expect the lifestyle there to be more advanced too.

If there is no grass/forest, an arena or something like it is the only thing I can see as being the tutorial style area.

My guess would be that the training area is Link's hometown. It would probably be a forest area, if Skyloft even works in elements... maybe it's just a high tech place? Arkvoodle has a cool idea about the arena too. That would be cool. In the town there will probably be lots of little things you can do with wii motion plus, to get you used to it.

I think links village should be a cross between something like Karariko village from OoT, and Castle Town from TP

A big village, but with lots of people. Itd be grassy, but with stone paths, etc

not TOO advanced, not too primitive either

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
You are totally right about Kokori forest it gave a little peek at what was in store for Link later on in the game. It helped introduce new mechanics such as Z-targeting when you talked to Saria on top of the store, and you could walk across the ropes above the village, and we had to go through a tunnel to get the Kokori sword :). Clock Town, Outset Island and Ordon Village followed suite by introducing old players to new mechanics, and to teach new players old tricks.

Skyloft will surely have a Sword Training Arena, and more places across the village/city to introduce what other goodies we will learn or re-learn. All we can do is wait and see :)!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
There could be another training session like the one with Orca in WW, personally I never liked having tutorials for the sword because Zelda players can read the manual to learn those sword moves but I suppose they have done it in a few games now so we will most likely get some form of sword tutorial near the start of the game. I dunno I can see them doing this in SS, Link may or may not have a teacher in Skyloft, I just hope that if he does that that teacher is cooler than Orca. This mystery mentor figure would be like Rusl from TP

Beeker

Wild Card
There could be another training session like the one with Orca in WW, personally I never liked having tutorials for the sword because Zelda players can read the manual to learn those sword moves but I suppose they have done it in a few games now so we will most likely get some form of sword tutorial near the start of the game. I dunno I can see them doing this in SS, Link may or may not have a teacher in Skyloft, I just hope that if he does that that teacher is cooler than Orca. This mystery mentor figure would be like Rusl from TP

I could definitely see a tutorial or training ground or event with the sword, considering the new control scheme. It's been done for Wind Waker with Orca and the village kids in Twilight Princess. Whenever you first recieve your sword, just a quick little lesson on how to do some basic moves would be great.

As for the rest of the training area, I think it's most likely Link's hometown, which could have little areas we could explore and learn about how to play the game and maybe a little taste of what's to come during the adventure.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yes, a "training ground" area could and may happen. Seeing how in the recent 3D console (and some 2D) games, Link's home provides a healthy batch of obstacles and tutorials to help the player get used to the controls. In Twilight Princess, Ordon Village provided some exercises of horse-back riding, some fighting and fishing. In Ocarina of Time, it had the Kokiri Village, with similar aspects of Twilight Princess's Ordon Village. (visa versa because OoT comes after TP) Same goes with The Wind Waker's Outset Island. (i'm only referencing the console games btw) So a training-like area that could have some ropes to swing on, running around, and probably some sword-like training exercises could and may probably happen, seeing how it has been done with recent games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom