• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyloft, Later

This has got to be my stupidest theory ever, but since Skyloft was created to protect people from the war on the surface, what happens when Link kills Demise? The war is over at that point, right? If the goddess statue can fall back down, theoretically, the rest of Skyloft can, too. And this is the stupid part: that wouldn't make any sense. It's never mentioned anywhere else, so it's probably been forgotten. If a giant floating slab of rock with a civilization on it fell from the sky, that would be mentioned later on for sure. So, what do you think happened?

Djinn

and Tonic
This is one of the few glaring inconsistencies within the story that has been questioned a few times in the past. But for the most part yes, once Demise was killed in the past there was no more need to keep the people of Skyloft in the sky for the next few thousand years. however the island of the goddess came down to the ground because it was a part of Link's wish to destroy Demise in the present era. That still required some divine intervention to happen so I do not think the other island would come down so easily unless there was some fairly powerful force causing it.

The only real reason that comes to my mind is the need to maintain the triforce and keep it hidden until such time someone worthy could claim it. This would not happen until Link comes along a few thousand years later down the road. So in the world of the past Demise is defeated but the triforce still does not have a proper owner because Link and/or Zelda will not be born to rediscover it for a long time. Zelda states in the past that only a very select few people even had the ability to use the triforce. Much less someone who is worthy of claiming and not abusing it. We have already seen the consequences of someone who is unworthy claiming it.

Also I would include all the events that took place in the world of the past at the end of SS as something that was not planned for. Hylia planned for all the events to transpire in the far future and have a hero claim the goddess sword and the triforce then use it to stop Demise from breaking the seal and escaping. I do not think there was any thought behind Ghirahim discovering a portal to the past and reviving Demise there instead. In fact I think most of Hylia's plans were made because Demise would eventually break the seal anyway given enough time. I am not certain she planned for some other demon going around causing trouble trying to revive Demise.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Time travel is somewhat interesting. I'm not entirely sure if Zelda is consistent with its interpretation of time travel, but I'd be willing to wager that Link creates a sort of stable time loop during the course of the game. Skyloft needed to be in the air because it was safe from Demise's interference should he break free. Once Link defeats Demise, that wouldn't necessarily be needed; but if Skyloft had then retaken its place on the ground, it would have altered the events of the game, and things may not have proceeded the same way. So the universe "course corrects" (to borrow a term from Lost) by containing the events in a time loop. This is why Skyloft remains in the air and why Demise, despite being defeated in the past, continues to break free as The Imprisoned a few times throughout the course of the present-day game.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
To save myself work, I'll quote myself here, this is the reason I don't think the time-loop thing is necessary

To me the events of SS are easier to get if you adopt the perspective of a third observer, which doesn't travel in time at all but sees all the events from the beggining to the end, basically it would go like this:

1) SS Intro
2) Goddess sword created, skyloft sent skyward
3) Demise imprisoned in the sealed grounds
4) Impa leaves through the gate of time
5) Hylia and Impa arrive from the future and go to the temple of Hylia
6) Some hero appears out of nowhere, speaks with hylia, and leaves with the true master sword, leaving a sleeping goddess behind
7) Random fabulous demon comes from the gate of time, with the goddess' body and starts reviving Demise
8) Hero comes with a kickass sword and slays Demise, imprisoning him in the master sword
9) Hero leaves the sword there, note that there are two swords now, a goddess sword in Skyloft and a master sword in the temple of Hylia
10) Hero disappears, leaving with the goddess Hylia and leaving a sleeping Hylia behind
11) Centuries later, Hero is born
12) starting events of SS
13) Impa and Hylia flee through the door of time in Lanayru's temple of time
14) Forging of the MS
15) Hero enters gate of time, returns with the true MS [from Link's perspective, he went to (6) and returned]
16) Hero gets the triforce, and kills demise forever
17) Hylia awakes and is abducted by Ghirahim into the portal, hero follows them [From Zelda's, Link's, and Ghirahim's perspective, they skipped to (7), (8) and (9) and then returned]
18) hero and Hylia return, hero is swordless
19) Hero sees the master sword, other events of the ending take place

Some parts, particularly (10), may seem weird, but it all makes sense.

Noteworthy:

From (8) on, there is always a master sword in the world
and from (13) until (16), there are two master swords present
before (13), we had the goddess sword, created in (2)
If the master sword sealed demise in (8), then he was sealed into it until (15), by that logic, the sealing spike is the master sword
Proof that Link doesn't kill Demise in (8), but rather seals him, is that f he died, Zelda would have awakened immediately, instead she awakens in (16), when the triforce kills Demise
From link' (and therefore the player's) perspective, first goes (11), (12), (13), (14), then (15), (6), then (15) again, then goes (16) and (17), then goes (8) and (9), finnaly (18) and (19)
From Zelda perspective, it's (12), (13), (6), (17), (7), (8), (9), (18) and (19)
Impa's perspective is a bit tricky, it's (4), (12), (13), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9), (10), Impa gives the bracelet in (10), and then waits centuries in the temple until (11) and the rest of the events unfold linearly for her
Ghirahim's perspective, it's from (1) all the way until (17) (of course assuming he was during the events of the intro, maybe he wasn't born until later), he goes to (7), (8), and dies (presumably)

Again, it's difficult to get but it all makes sense, it's the best way I could explain it, perhaps Locke could provide a better way to say it

Now, who is to say Skyloft didn't eventually fall, people wouldn't mention it because, well, Hyrule isn't exactly prone to describe major events, such as the events of TMC, it's important yet nobody seems to mention it, also, there is the gameplay and story segregation, and the fact that Skyloft didn't exist in the timeline yet, another theory i that Skyloft became the city in the sky, but this is rubbish to me

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I probably am in the Theory section earlier than I should be (need food) but it looks like what you're saying would create an Infinite Number of Master Swords. I'm so confused.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Woah, head****. Anyway. Maybe Skyloft didn't crash down, but floated gently down with the power of the triforce/combined with Hylia.

Maybe Skyloft never came down. Maybe the people just came down. "Where is Skyloft by OoT?" Eroded away? Who knows?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The connection between Skyloft and City in the sky is stated to be unknown in HH. This means that whatever is left of Skyloft could become the foundations for city.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
I probably am in the Theory section earlier than I should be (need food) but it looks like what you're saying would create an Infinite Number of Master Swords. I'm so confused.

Nope, there are at most two master swords present at any given time, basically, here is that list from the master sword's point of view

Goddess sword created by Hylia
GS taken by link
GS forged into MS
taken back in time,received full power from Zelda/Hylia
Demise slain (with the triforce)
go back in time
Slay Demise (in the boss battle)
Left in the temple of Hylia
Wait some centuries
[not confirmed] fashioned into the sealing spike
shown to Link in the present
Rest of the timeline

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Nope, there are at most two master swords present at any given time, basically, here is that list from the master sword's point of view

Goddess sword created by Hylia
GS taken by link
GS forged into MS
taken back in time,received full power from Zelda/Hylia
Demise slain (with the triforce)
go back in time
Slay Demise (in the boss battle)
Left in the temple of Hylia
Wait some centuries
[not confirmed] fashioned into the sealing spike
shown to Link in the present
Rest of the timeline

The sealing spike makes this make a LOT more sense.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Wait correct me if I am wrong, but since Link defeats Demise during "Hylia's Realm" wouldn't that mean that there is no reason to send skyloft into the sky because he's already been defeated? Or has skyloft already been sent into the sky? :thinking:

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Wait correct me if I am wrong, but since Link defeats Demise during "Hylia's Realm" wouldn't that mean that there is no reason to send skyloft into the sky because he's already been defeated? Or has skyloft already been sent into the sky? :thinking:

It was skyward first, notce that the crater left by the goddess statue is there on the past

Z

Zeldacelli

how is it that they would make 3 areas in the sky [skyloft,wind palace,city in a sky] and NOT establish some type of connection b/w them :mad:

I definitely agreeeee! I know the feelings and landscape of the City in the Sky from TP and Skyloft in SS are totally different, but like a bajillion years has passed between them. I don't think it's crazy to assume that City in the Sky is what Skyloft became after the humans went back to the surface

D

DWraySweZ

Yeah When I first played TP which was a couple weeks before Skyward Sword came out, my first impression of the City in the Sky was that it was what would become of skyloft years later. There's even a theory that the OOCCOO may be the desendents of the SkyLoftians. Those citizens of Skyloft who stayed behind evolved into a flightless bird... why I don't know, but is that any more crazy than the Zora's evolving into the Rito....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom