• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skydiving Mechanic Controls

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
So as we all know, Link will be skydiving. I know he will. Some people speculate that he'll just teleport or something, but Link WILL skydive, because at the end of the trailer, they give us a hint when Link JUMPS off the cliff and starts falling. That is a very good indication that he will skydive. I just wanted to get that out of the way for some of you who think Link will just teleport. So anyway, I was just browsing the web, and I had an idea. Suppose if there was a skydiving mechanic, and the way to control Link while skydiving, as of my thoughts were these two ways:

1. Like Wii Sports Resort's intro. It looks like a good way to skydive, and by tilting it to the sides, Link will lean toward that side, and by pullin up, he'll slow down, and down will make him faster. Here is the intro.
I advise you to take a good look through it, because it does show that this might be a
good idea:http://www.youtube.com/watchv=E8fVk3LWrDI&feature=related
I figure if this is used, then there won't be any air combat sadly, but I suppose you can dodge things.

2. Nunchuk and WMP/WRP controls. Probably, it'll work similar to Link's controls, so you would tilt the analog stick left and right, so he'll tilt those ways, and when pull back, he'll slow down, and when you push forward, he'll go faster. With the option, I guess you can attack in air (but you won't use your shield) with the WMP/WRP controller.

So what do you think? Skydiving is likely, so which idea would you chose? 1 or 2? Or maybe you have something else in mind?
Tell me what you think!

S

Sephiroth

What about moving though? From your post you mention tilting and adjusting speed but wouldn't that be kinda boring. I was more thinking you'd be able to move aswell (maybe to collect things etc) with the analog stick and maybe keep the speed controls for the remote. Not sure though.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
@Sephiroth: Well, if you tilt left and right, you will go left and right to move. Maybe there could be diagnol directions too. Maybe this is your answer
I like my #1. idea, but I think i'd go with #2. because you would be able to attack.
Yes, you said if it's #1., then we would collect things. Thats a good idea I suppose.

I'm wondering, Aonuma/Miyamoto says that Skyloft is made up of some islands, so it's like a main island, then smaller ones around. Question is, how are we going to get to the other ones? Bridges?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I think it is quite obvious that this will use WM+ in some fashion...my hope though is that this is not the ONLY way to fly...I hope there is some real flying, either with magic or with the aid of a creature (dragon, griffin, Pegasus-Epona, etc.)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom