• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Skull Necklaces? I Need 20... I Have 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I was wondering where the best places to get Skull Necklaces are. I want that Heart Piece, but I need 4 more Skull Necklaces.

I have already saved the girls from Forsaken Fortress, and I do not know where else I can find Moblins, because they're all gone.
I heard that occasionally they will appear in the forest up on top of Outset, but there's only two of them there.
I also heard that they can be found by using the grapple on Moblins found in the Savage Labyrinth, but I'm not entirely sure where that is,
AND I hear its somewhat time-consuming, because the Moblins are near the very bottom.

Anyway, I know of some places to get them, like possibly Submarines, but I was just wondering if there were any better spots to find them.
(I mean, I only need four, for the time being, but it would be helpful to know for future files where I can find them)
I could just try the forest..... If I needed to.

If you've rescued the girls then you should now be on your way back to Hyrule Castle under the sea. When you get there and you get the Master Sword, you have to defeat a load of moblins and darknuts in order to leave the castle.

Other ways to get treasures like Skull Necklaces and Joy Pendants from moblins and bokoblins are: try the ghetto rooms where some of the Triforce Charts are located. There's one on Stonewatcher Island (you'll need the Power Bracelets), Overlook Island (you'll need the Hookshot) to name a couple, the enemies in Savage Labyrinth (the entrance to which is under a stone head on Outset Island, you'll need Hookshot and Power Bracelets) won't drop treasures unfortunately and I don't think you can grapple treasures off of enemies in there, all you can get in there is a Triforce Chart, quite a few rupees, a few hearts, and on the 50th floor a Piece of Heart.

Also try Shark Island (you'll need the Boomerang, Skull Hammer and Iron Boots, there's a large room where you will get overwhelmed by a horde of enemies, if you defeat them all you get either silver rupee or Piece of Heart), and one of the tiny circular islands on Pawprint Island (not the giant egg looking thing), there's a tree you can Hookshot to from your boat and drop down the hole into another room exactly like the Shark Island.

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

Oh wow that's a lot. Thank you. :)
However, I do not have hookshot/iron boots/power bracelets.... and I have already obtained the Master Sword, and cleared that room of enemies.
I've been following the walkthrough on here, and I have done everything (except all the Treasure charts because some of them are just 200 rupees, and I don't really need those), up until the point where they mention talking to the old guy that used to be poor (Maggie's Father) and giving him the 20 Necklaces. That's what I need.

Anyway, I must ask, what do you mean by "ghetto rooms"? I'm not sure I follow :sweat:
I don't know if I've played the game enough to know :(

If I were to need the hookshot or anything else, then I'm guessing I have to wait till later to get this Heart Piece, which I can do if needed. :sweat:
Oh, but thank you for the information you've given me. It will be put to use in the future.
(I hear there's something you get for 5 skull necklaces)

Last edited:
At this stage in the game, it should be possible to warp to Mother and Child Isles (once you've found the big cyclone that Cylcos lives in and fired three arrows at him), and the fairy there will give you Fire and Ice arrows. (You can only get there by warping).

There is an island which spurts out lava, like a volcano, just below Dragon Roost Island (can't remember the name of it atm, haven't played WW for a while), shoot the lava spurt with an ice arrow, then you can climb up the island and drop down the hole into a fiery lava area. Kill all the enemies in here and open the chest at the end which has the Power Bracelets.

To get the Iron Boots you need to go to Ice Ring Isle (not sure where it is, check your map if you have one or if you can find one, I think it's near the Private Oasis, but you'll see an island that's covered in ice with a dragon statue blowing icy cold winds out of it's mouth at some point), shoot a fire arrow at the mouth and go inside. In there is an area with a slide, slide down it and the chest with the Iron Boots is right in front of you. (But don't forget to walk to a wind blowing in the room which conceals a hole which leads to a secret room).

By ghetto I mean a large room, or series of rooms, usually in the overworld, not in dungeons.

The Hookshot is in the Wind Temple, the last dungeon before Ganon's Tower, so yes, it is later on.

As for Maggie's father the 20 Skull Necklaces you give him will make him give you a treasure chart. (Not aware you can get anything for 5 necklaces, unless you sell them to Beedle for a few rupees).

Don't forget to take 10 Knight's Crests to the guy who teached you the sword strikes on Outset (forgot his name, my memory is so bad); he'll teach you the Hurricane Spin which is useful when you get surrounded by enemies, like when the giant Poe boss splinters into lots of normal Poes at the end of the Earth Temple.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Also try Shark Island (you'll need the Boomerang, Skull Hammer and Iron Boots, there's a large room where you will get overwhelmed by a horde of enemies, if you defeat them all you get either silver rupee or Piece of Heart).

Papermaz mentioned this, but I wanted to second this particularly. If you want a good place to pick up goodies like skull necklaces and knight's crests (and not to mention just super fun in general), going to Shark Island in and of itself will give you unlimited stock of them, because you can go in and out of the hole to play through it as many times as you want (the enemies do reset every time you enter). If you find it too overwhelming at any point you can leave right in the middle, but I don't think it's really difficult. To be honest, I enjoy Shark Island so much that at times I just go back for rounds and rounds through it far beyond any necessity to collect items, simply because I find it that enjoyable (it's definitely one of my favorite islands, if not my favorite).

So my recommendation is on Shark Island since you really don't need to make any other trips if you go there, and also because it's just fun to play through on any run. You do need the iron boots though, but papermaz has just explained how to obtain them. I'll just add for benefit that Ice Ring Isle is one square to the left of the Forest Haven, so you should be able to locate it more easily. Otherwise, you should be set.

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

By ghetto I mean a large room, or series of rooms, usually in the overworld, not in dungeons.

As for Maggie's father the 20 Skull Necklaces you give him will make him give you a treasure chart. (Not aware you can get anything for 5 necklaces, unless you sell them to Beedle for a few rupees).
Ah, okay, thank you. (I've only heard "ghetto" used for one meaning)

And yeah, I was going for that Treasure Chart.
I mentioned the 5 Necklace thing because I read somewhere you could use them to give to somebody while looking for places to find the in a Google search.
This was on GameFAQs Forums.

Anyway, thanks for all the help, both of you, but I already obtained the four I needed, from the forest. it wasn't too hard to get them :3

And thanks for the info of the Iron Boots, hookshot, and Power Bracelets. I'll be obtaining those soon O:
Oh, and I already have the Fire/Ice Arrows. :3
hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom