• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skull Kid Vs. Cubus Sisters

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
I was recently drawing some fan art of the cubus sisters from PH, and I realized, they might actually be like Skull Kid!

I don't believe that these characters are evil, honestly I think that they are trying to make a friend, but they don't know how, and possibly the only way they know is violence.

If you think back to Twilight Princess, Skull kid is leading you to where the Master Sword/Temple of Time is. He's leading you to where you want to go, BUT he also sends those weird puppet things after you. and when you finally get there he says "Thanks! That was fun!" as if it was a game to him to try to get you lost, and sending those creatures after you, while bringing you to the right place.

And with the Cubus Sisters, they tell you that they'll help you find tetra if you find their sisters that were hiding. They were trying to have fun with you, but they probably don't realize that what they're doing is the wrong thing. Their battle is a fun game for them! They probably don't realize that what they're doing is killing you...literally, they see it as a source of fun. Also at the end of that fight they give you the key to where Tetra was, again leading you to where you need to go, and they also yell "Thhhhaaaannnk yooouu" as their parting words.

So I'm saying that these characters are similar in the events of helping you to where you need to go while also hurting you. I personally don't think that they mean any harm, and yet they do, because to them it's fun.

You don't have to agree with me, but I would like to hear your opinion!

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
To me, the parting words of the Cubus Sisters sounds more like they were cursed in some way and you freed them in some way, but your theory is still plausible to me.

Pardon my bluntness, but I fail to see what you are implying here. Are you saying 1.) the Cubus Sisters are the Skull Kid [as in reincarnated]? Or 2.) they are similar to the Skull Kid in a way that references him?

If "1", then it wouldn't make any sense. The Skull Kid would likely have died ages ago along with the Lost Woods from Ocarina of Time's era, which by the time of The Wind Waker, is believed to be the enemy-filled Forbidden Woods and/or some parts of the Forest Haven. Also, keep in mind that the Forest Haven lies in an entirely different sea (the Great Sea), while the Cubus Sisters are from the World of the Ocean King. Aside from any perceived personality traits they share with the Skull Kid, there is absolutely nothing that relates them directly to him.

If "2", then I can almost say the same thing, but instead, I'll just say that, if anything, the Cubus Sisters are more likely a references to the four Poe Sisters - Beth, Joelle, Amy, and Meg - from the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time. Not only do they uncannily resemble them, but they are also similar in the way they like to play "hide and seek" with Link. Even still, the Cubus Sisters are but references to the Poe Sisters, and no true, direct connection exist between these characters. Regarding the Skull Kid, I'd like to reiterate that any perceived personality traits between the him and the Cubus Sisters are either completely coincidental or minor references.

I suspect that option "1" is what you're getting at, as this is the Theory section. However, if neither, then perhaps there is something I missed? If so, please feel free to elaborate. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Blindateight

Come on! if anything they're the Poe sisters! haha

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
I never thought of them being the Poe sister, but now that I think about it, they seem more like them
I was just thinking that they are simialar to skull kid in their way of somehow trying to play a game

but yes, now that I think about it, they are probably the poe sisters come back, if it's clear what I'm trying to say

I can see where you're coming from. I don't think you're trying to say that they are a reference to the Skull Kid just that they are similar in the fact they just like to play, but playing for them is a lot more sinister than they think, on that account I'd have to agree that, yes, the characters are similar in that sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom