• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Similarities, Artistic Inspiration?

Djinn

and Tonic
Recently a friend of mine sent me this pic that they found somewhere online

coincidencebymadzter13.jpg

And I thought tit was very interesting. There are a lot of similarities between the two characters. Now artists are know to draw inspiration from many different sources, including each other's work. Sometimes a homage to a character or artist they themselves liked. But it instantly brought up something I thought about a while ago.

64601757.jpg

How much a Darknut reminded me of Tallgeese. Mostly with the head and the small round shield. It is hard to tell with the pic I provided but Tallgeese has a very similar head fin and helmet structure to the Darknuts of TP. Althought they are both meant to be a relatively generic looking representation of western styled armor so they are bound to be similar in a few ways. But I also thought about the Bulblins of TP as well.

orkn.jpg

How the Bulblin boar riders look like the Ork boar riders of Warhammer Fantasy. But I assume they were meant to be Hyrule's version of orcs when they were created.

This now makes me wonder just what else found in Hyrule was inspired by other series? Or the other way around, what have you seen that was inspired from Zelda in other shows, games, media?

Pikacondon

Title.
Those are some really good coincidences, Djinn, But I can't think of any coincidences myself. Just posting to complement your observativeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom