• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Silent Realm Hate It or Love It?

Silent Realm Hate It or Love It?

• Love It!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate It!

• It's okay....

• Total voters
K

kickawesome

LOVED the Silent Realms. I was pretty excited to see the tears again...
It scared the buhjesus out of me though, because you get the whole explanation from Fi about your spirit being shattered...
and then that first time you see the cutscene...
*shudder*

I really, really hate them. This is the one thing that is really ruining the game for me. I don't mind a challenge once in a while but I think this is ridiculous. This is like a die-five-times-until-you-get-it-right scenario.

Zelda_1224

Hyrule Knight
I hated it, it was TP all over again except this time Your not a dog so you cant run faster and the Gardians were scary, but the prizes of completing them were awesome

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Hate it! I don't think it fits the Zelda feel of Adventure and Exploration. Instead, it sticks you inside a suppressed enclosed area to just do some pointless fetch quest... I think it may have been an excuse to give you the clawshots or whatever item. I think it would have been better if they made something better than the silent realm to give Link those items.

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
I went into them thinking they would be like the collections quests from TP, that was the worst thing in TP. But with all the stealth and stuff, it's perfect. It set y heart on edge when a guardian was close by me, "I'M ALMOST OUT OF STAMINA, **** **** **** ****."

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I absolutely love the moments in video games when you feel a real sense of danger, and the silent realms provided just that. I don't think there's anything quite like trying to get that last tear, and your last petal is about to dissapear. I love it when your time runs out and the world gradually starts to loose it's blue hue, the music that plays during that moment is so just so awesome!

I could ramble on like I did above forever, but I'll rap up this post by saying that I loved the Silent Realm sections of the game, they were an absolute blast, and they were a million times better than the tear collection quests in Twilight Princess.

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
I hated it, it was TP all over again except this time Your not a dog so you cant run faster and the Gardians were scary, but the prizes of completing them were awesome

Hmm...you know that there is a button, which is called A, for running, which is faster than the wolf of TP.
I think the Silent Realm is really good. It is a better and harder version of the tear collection quest in Twilight Princess.

M

MajorasWrath2.0

The Silent Realm made my pulse race, from slowly creeping around praying you aren't discovered, to running from the guardians for what seems like ages. I have mixed feelings towards the Silent Realm.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I enjoyed the Silent Realms immensly. They were a great joy to play through. They provided a challenge, a real sense of danger as Cuju stated, and a very fun game of tag. A lot of the time in the Silent Realms I got lucky. Like in the Eldin Silent Realm, I was sliding down the mountain and saw the last tear of Eldin in a ditch. The guardians were awakened and I got the final tear when the guardian was about to hit me with his colossal club when I got the tear. I honestly found the Silent Realms a bit easy and I do understand how some players thought they were very difficult, but I only died once on the Eldin Silent Realm. All in all the Silent Realms were fantastic and although some people didn't like them, I sure as heck did.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I came to loathe them. Yes, they were suspenseful in some moments, and the stealth aspect was a good addition, I just didn't like having to keep redoing them. There was always some tear I needed to find last-minute, and on many occasions it cost me. I had to restart so many times on them...well, except for Lanayru's Silent Realm. Somehow I got lucky there. But with Faron and Eldin I grabbed a Light Fruit to illuminate the Tears and dowsed most of the time, hoping to find a beacon, while in the meantime the petals kept falling away, and eventually the Guardians awoke. This tasked me with both evading them and searching desperately for a tear. Only recently did I discover that by going back to the "portal" everything would reset itself.

I believe that I've read someplace about there being one on Skyloft still. My sense of geography is a bit better there, so hopefully I'll be able to pass it with more ease. And on my next playthrough I'll slow down with these so that they'll be more enjoyable.

They are very fun!

I remember the last tear I collected in my first game was kind of extreme, the last tear was the one above the light tower and I was very far when the guardians activated, they chased me even when I was climbing the ladder as fast as I could

with each zelda I try to do things that weren't supposed to be done, one of this is go to the trials with Lanayru, but instead of collecting the tears I let one of the guardians see me, then I look how much can I survive, oh and the safe start circle is also forbidden, its actually interesting

VaatiWindMage24

Majoras Mask 3ds!!!!
i think theyre pretty cool, i just finished the lanayru one and my god i almost got a heart attack! T_T at the end my heart was thumping sooooo hard! i completed it and not like 10 seconds afterwards i got a message saying the game disc couldnt be read....raaawr i was so angry! now im sending it to get repairred. so far iits been a week w/o skyward sword and ive almost went nuts....

Zarom

The King
I enjoyed the Silent Realms a lot. They were much better than collecting the tears of light in TP, which were easily the worst parts of that game. I liked the music that was played during those trials, and the atmosphere. When the guardians wake up, you really get a sense of danger, which was very fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom