• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Silent Realm Hate It or Love It?

Silent Realm Hate It or Love It?

• Love It!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate It!

• It's okay....

• Total voters
Silent Realm's were a LOT of fun for me in Skyward Sword. I've been longing for a more stealthier Zelda, and this is the closest we'll ever get I believe. It was a ton of fun, and there were loads of "look out!" moments between me and my friends while playing. They get super intense near the end, and I once died trying to make it back after collecting all 15 tears. So what do you all think? Do you like the Silent Realm? Or do you hate it?

i find myself after the silent realms scared. im back in the real world and my heart cant stop beating. i would have to say that i hated it. it gives me that phantom hourglass feeling with the phantoms. during my secound play through it was fun because i know where all the tears are. my favorite silent realm is the lanayru one. the one i hate is the eldin one. i keep falling in the lava. the waking water in the slide scares me as well as the ghost on the mountain. they are hard to dodge. anyway i think silent realms are a good thing.

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
I love the Silent Realms, though I feel they could do with fixes but still, fun. The music reflects the mood; I do feel though they are quite easy to survive when your time runs out. There are times when I lasted over two minutes while the statues chased me. The maximum you should be able to last is 90 seconds if you're average like me. I did enjoy them though.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
at first, hated it. seemed like a blatant rip off of the tear collections in TP and a waste of time but when i got to the second one the tension was ranked up and i really started to enjoy it

I loved evyer second ib the silent realm. The only part of the game was I was really on the edge of my seat. It was one of the more terrifying bits in a game this generation. And I play alot of survival horror games

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
At first I hated them. Except for the Skyloft one. I kind-of liked that one. Now, I'm not entirely sure. I'm playing Hero Mode, and I got past Faron Woods Silent Realm. Let's see how the others are. I still kind-of hate them, but I want to try it again.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I really liked the Silent Realms as they really kept me on my toes! It's a nice change to be challenged in a Zelda game compared to Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, for example. I'd easily replay Silent Realms over the Tear of Light segments in Twilight Princess.

I liked the Silent Realms but I HATED being chased. It an anxiety thing. Because of this, I was terrified to go into them after Lanaryu's Realm as you HAD yo get chased in that one. I made it a point to get my timing right in the Skyloft Realm so I could dart in and out of the cirlce of four Watchers without being seen. My favorite would have to be the Eldin Volcano. I loved the little tricks Ninentdo put into this one. Like swinging on the rope to get a tear and sliding down the sand while dodging waking water.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I totally loved the Realms. They were a neat spin on the Tears of Light from TP, and definitely much more fun. Speedrunning them and clipping is a LOT of fun, though there are very few spots to clip and we're technically forced to have to watch the Guardian miniscene over and over again for the auto stamina refill. If there were more locations to Silent Realm, man...

D-Lo G

Author of Short Stories
The Silent Realm scares the living Zelda outta me. I'm not sure if I hate it or love it. It scares me, but it's really intense, and I love moments like that. I'm starting to hate it again, though. I'm stuck on the second one because the last tear isn't on the map! :(

I

Ilia2

I laughed pretty hard when I saw the tear vessel thing or whatever.(It reminded me of TP) Those realms made me nervous, especially when you bump into one of them when you finished all of the tears.

Oh god yes. They were simply amazing in every aspect. I'd play an entire game - a la Link's Crossbow Training - comprised of Silent Realms. lol

LordFire

King of Fire
When I first opened up Skyward Sword and entered my first Silent Realm, I thought it was going to be like Twilight Princess and its Twilight Realm.

Boy was I wrong.

As soon as I stepped outside of the protective circle-start-thing, I had a heart attack. I could barely see anything at all, my television screen was blurry red. All-in-all, the Silent Realm really was disappointing. It felt just like a remake of the Twilight Realm except you had to do it in a time limit. Sure, the Silent Realm was more challenging (and more scary) than the Twilight Realm and for that I like it, but it could have been more. How it could have been more, I don't know, but it really felt like Twilight Princess repeated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom