• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Silent Protagonists

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The hate for silent protagonists seems a little unjustified to me especially in the context of player characters
Does anyone here really have a problem with the Pokemon protag? dark souls? skyrim (yeah they shout same diff) ? I would hope not
Having an expectation for characters like these to talk is ridiculous

Elder Scrolls protagonists are not silent protagonists. They talk a great deal on dialogue trees and the game itself is quite dependent upon their ability to communicate. The difference between them and something like Zelda is that Zelda keeps pretending that Link is an important character while simultaneously doing very little to characterize him.

Last edited:

NintendoCN

Team Captain
In my circle and as I do with a silent protagonist is (Especially in my LPs) speak as if I were them. Giving them a voice and opinions that are mine. A name is just that, a name.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Elder Scrolls protagonists are not silent protagonists. They tall a great deal on dialogue trees and the game itself is quite dependent upon their ability to communicate. The difference between them and something like Zelda is that Zelda keeps pretending that Link is an important character while simultaneously doing very little to characterize him.
Link is not the only silent protagonist

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom