• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Volvagia Have Been in Skyward Sword?

Should Volvagia have been in Skyward Sword?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't care

• Total voters

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I think so. I mean the setting was perfect! The timeframe of SS fit perfectly with the Gorons' legend from OoT! And if Gohma got to be in multiple games, why not Volvagia? Many people, including myself, were hoping for a Volvagia fight, or at least an appearance. And since Nintendo probably won't squeeze a game between SS and OoT anytime soon, that hope is kinda lost... :( But yes, it would have been nice to see him.

Not necessarily. It depends on how long before Ocarina of Time Skyward Sword is, and how old Volvagia is in OoT. I don't think it will cause much controversy, seeing as we don't know either of those year amounts.

I don't mind Volvagia not appearing in SS. It would've been cool to see the connection made between the games, but I personally didn't like him as a boss in OoT - I thought the battle was rather boring. There was enough connections between the two games, so Volvagia not appearing may be a good thing; I don't want to see SS get the same "OoT fan-pleaser" hate that Twilight Princess gets from some Zelda fans.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Darn, you COULD not have said Volvagia is not in Skyward Sword in the TITLE!... That's almost like a spoiler. There are some of us who have not yet finished it, you know. Anyways, I don't think it should have been in SS because it could complicate a lot of the stuff. I think what they did (which is what should be done) is keep the only large connection to other games being the Master Sword, it's creation, etc. and not include any unnecessary connections that could complicate things.

I say no, simply because the Gorons had such a minor role in the story this time around. Besides, the legend clearly states that he was destroyed with the hammer by a Goron. Not Link. Having Link defeat him in this game would have ruined the whole legend and made inconsistencies.

THEM

Your cows are mine!
Yes I think he should have been the boss of the Fire Sanctuary instead of Ghirahim.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Darn, you COULD not have said Volvagia is not in Skyward Sword in the TITLE!... That's almost like a spoiler. There are some of us who have not yet finished it, you know. Anyways, I don't think it should have been in SS because it could complicate a lot of the stuff. I think what they did (which is what should be done) is keep the only large connection to other games being the Master Sword, it's creation, etc. and not include any unnecessary connections that could complicate things.

Hey, you do know that this place is full of story spoilers, right? Don't come here if you don't want them. That's pretty simple.

Yes I think he should have been the boss of the Fire Sanctuary instead of Ghirahim.

I rather liked Ghirahim being there, but I do agree. I think it would have been cool as an outside boss, though.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

Hey, you do know that this place is full of story spoilers, right? Don't come here if you don't want them. That's pretty simple.

The both of you calm down. Cyg, if you want the title changed to where it's not spoilerish, talk to a mod.

Seeing Volvagia's story in Skyward Sword would have been interesting, but I view it as superfluous. We already know how it goes anyhow, by the few lines that Darunia's son spoke. So why actually play through it? I'd rather see new content that something retold, as was done already.

Last edited:

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I would have like to seen Volvagia. Maybe Ghirahim could have summoned Volvagia from Eldin Volcano, and then Gorko (or another Goron since Gorko is really just a historian/explorer) could have told Link to go on ahead to the Fire Sanctuary while he deals with the dragon, and once you beat the Fire Sanctuary you see the goron finishing Volvagia off in a cutscene.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Simple question. Do you think Volvagia should have been in Skyward Sword? Post your thoughts here.

I'm dissapointed that he did not show up. As I have said in other threads, I think for a prequel to OOT not allot of stuff relates to it, at least not as much as I thought and hoped it would. Volvagia should have been the boss of fire sanctuary and Gorko the one to finish him off.

I would have enjoyed it from a story perspective. But actual fighting wise, I'm glad I didn't. To see the same boss from a different game would have felt like a bit of a cop out. Imagine going all the way through a dungeon simply to find a re-used boss.

It would be good to find out exactly who the hero of the gorons is though.

Cough Cough Queen Ghoma is one of a few that has been reused...

Yes. To be honest, it would have been cool (You know, since I usually hate fanservice). Like many things that should have made the proverbial cut, Volvagia would have been a welcoming addition, especially to further connect the series.

However, is it not safe to assume Volvagia was long defeated during the time Skyward Sword took place; possibly during the Hylian War(name?)? Another possibility exists that Volvagia was defeated sometime after the events in SS, but that still begs the question: Where was he during the time of SS? Hmm. Perhaps he was asleep... xd?

Well there were slight references to Volvagia in the Earth Temple, I think that alone is fine. Timeline wise, it would of made sense to have Volvagia in Skyward Sword, Eldin Volcano was a really good environment for Volvagia. Since the myth of Volvagia and the appearence of the Gorons in Skyward Sword were minor, I don't think Volvagia would of been an good idea to be honest.

Queen Ghoma is one of a few that has been reused...
Ghoma has been reused alot, not Queen Ghoma. You only fight Queen Ghoma once, the other Ghomas are variations of that species.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I loved Volvagia. Volvagia was a great boss in Ocarina of Time. However Skyward Sword was full of great and new ideas, it did not need old ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom