• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should There Be New Pokemon Types?

I don't think they should invent any new types. The only reason dark and steel were invented was to even up the type match-ups because 1 or 2 types, I think mainly Psychic were just pure powerhouses in Gen I so they decided to even it up by introducing new types in Gen II, as we don't have that problem any more I don't see the reason.

When I first saw the legendaries for black and white I thought reshiram was going to be part light type and they would finally add it. I am still hoping they will add light types. Other than that I don't think there are really any types that would make too much sense to add.

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I feel that the steel type made everthing unbalanced because of how good it is against everything. If you had a ghost steel type, it would be nearly invinsible. That being said, I feel like they should add a Light type and a nuclear type. I feel like the normal type is too general and some of the greatest normal types should be changed to Light types. I also feel like a really rare nuclear type should be added. It would be great for a legendary that was based on an atom. I saw one and its evolution on someone's DeviantArt page, and it was awesome!

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
i think that more types would be crazy. i mean, they already have like, what 20 types? i dont think they need more. but maybe more combinations, like lightning and ice or fire and metal.

i think any new types they would think of would just break up into other types. the light type sounds cool but i see it as a combination of electric and steel.plus i think light pokemon would look dumb

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I don't think they will mainly because they already have alot, and plus the ones tht they have are all of the main elements and others.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I think they should keep the old moves but an over huale on the types and Pokemon. Some of the advantages and dis advantages dont even make sence like grass resisting electrcity. I also think they should make the types and effects of moves veryed and diveresed(to me at least all types have the same types of moves with different names) like water could have moves that have to do more with the users evasion and periceing defenses. Fire focus on speed and in hankering attacks. And make like duel type moves that borrow traits form both types. Psychic increasing the users hit rate and evasion rate or something like that.

univpark

Heart of Steel
I actually don't really care about the light type idea. I think it might be okay, but we have a normal type that kind of serves the purpose. Same with electric. We don't really NEED any new types, because changing the types of moves and Pokemon might get chaotic with different gens and all.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
There's a Dark type. So why isn't there Light Type?
I'm going to agree that there is a possibility for including a Light type.
It could work such as:
Water<Grass.
Psychic<Dark.
Why not Dark<Light?
(< means "is weak to")
Anyways, I really don't think there needs to be anymore types.
Pokemon's done a pretty good job so far.

Pen

The game is on!
I personally don't think they should add more elements to the series. When they added Steel and Dark in generation II there were some Pokémon from generation I that got their elements changed because of it. Now that didn't change too much because there were still very few Pokémon back then, but if a change like that would be made today, when there are already over 600 Pokémon, I think there would be way too much struggling with the elements and element combinations. Besides, I think it works extraordinarily well as it is now.

Fig

The Altruist
Even though I would love to see new types for the Pokemon franchise, it will make the series more complicated and the game just wouldn't have that same feeling as it does now! New types are a great suggestion to discuss for possible additional features in future Pokemon games, but it would just tarnish the series in the long run. Keep Pokemon the same please! :puppy:

Dan

I don't think we need any more types. Their is plenty enough. Although light is a nice idea it isn't needed.
We have plenty of types as it is. I think a stronger focus on story and design is the way to go now to enhance the Pokemon experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom