• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Their Be All New Areas in Zelda Wii?

...and hope they get really imaginative...like a purple forest, or a canyon (I guess that's already in the games to an extent, but not in a very playable way), or a savanna, or a jungle/rainforest!
This caught my eye. Whenever I play or watch a fantasy title, I'm always thinking about pushing the envelope as far as imagination is concerned. I know Zelda's world has always been fairly realistic as far as the environments go, but I'd love to see more fantastic, amazing locales. :3

13foxes

The overworlds aren't the same, they changed it in every game. Just enough to make it different. There're always a mountain, a swam, etc... doesn't mean that they're the same. Of course it's nice to have some new areas to explore, but I'm wouldn't be disappointed if it's not. They could be creative and make a underground village or something, but they should still keep some of the old places. Or I'm afraid it wouldn't feel like Zelda anymore, but more like a FF game.

I think the map of Zelda Wii should have more of a variety of areas and should be much larger. Wind Waker's map was HUGE and there was lots of exploring and treasure-hunting to do. But being that it was an ocean, they were limited in their potential for variety, although they did a wonderful job with what they had. I think Zelda Wii, in scope should be more like Wind Waker. However, I see so much more creative potential on land for exploration.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
This game definitely needs to have new areas for you to explore but I highly doubt that we'll need to worry about this at all in Zelda Wii. That said, I do feel that there needs to be areas brought back. I've always enjoyed going around finding how areas have changed since previous games. There needs to be a good balance between these, and I think it could be great.
I liked the balance of new/old areas in TP, but if there were less returning areas, I wouldn't complain. :P

Maxxxers

Fanboy
Swamps, factories, beaches, oceans, forests, rain forests, city in the sky was a great idea, i also want to see a fantasy realm (like something that would jump out of Alice in Wonderland or a Tim Burton movie), traveling underground, and more towns. Just an all around bigger map. I would also LOVE to see something where you have a regular mainland with regular stuff, but then you buy a boat and travel to islands and possibly a new dimension.

Swamps, factories, beaches, oceans, forests, rain forests, city in the sky was a great idea, i also want to see a fantasy realm (like something that would jump out of Alice in Wonderland or a Tim Burton movie), traveling underground, and more towns. Just an all around bigger map. I would also LOVE to see something where you have a regular mainland with regular stuff, but then you buy a boat and travel to islands and possibly a new dimension.
I've never really believed that inter-dimensional travel exists in the Zelda games, except the sacred realm/dark world.

Well, as just about everyone else has said, there are new areas in every game, whether they take inspiration from old areas or not. As for ZW having no similarities to any other lands, I doubt that that will happen, and I prefer if it didn't. I'm all for having the classic mountain, forest, bay/lake, desert combination. What I'd really prefer would be more variation within each type of area. Perhaps one section of forest could be mostly deciduous trees, where it's pretty light, there are lots of animals around, it has lots of undergrowth etc., and another area could be mostly coniferous, where it's darker, there's less undergrowth, and there are more monsters prowling about. Another idea is that you could have a very large mountain, of which the first half is pretty open, with trees here and there, and mostly rocky ground, with perhaps some towns or small populations and then, near the top, it could get colder, snowier, and less populated.

So I think that there should be different takes on more classic types of areas as opposed to totally new places. That being said, I wouldn't be at all adverse to newer areas, especially if they were in addition to old areas, not instead of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom