• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Should the Camera Be Required for Some Puzzles?

The 3DS's camera isn't in a convenient location to use for puzzles. Other 3DS games like Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir integrated heavy camera usage and were poorly received. The camera is inconvenient even for a minor role in one or two puzzles. It reminds me of an idea Nintendo didn't include in Super Mario 3D Land-closing the system to dispense of a certain type of enemy. It seems like it would hinder rather than enhance gameplay.

Also, while we're on the topic, I certainly hope Nintendo doesn't try to shove augmented reality up our throats however briefly it may be.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I disagree with ALIT as far as the placement of the 3DS' camera; unless you have your fingers just smooshed onto the system, the camera should have at least one free lens at all times (remember we have like three cameras on that baby). Whether this should be put to a usage or not is debatable - on one hand it sounds like a huge gimmick (like motion controls), on the other it sounds like it could succeed (like motion controls). Either way I feel that it's another 60/40 split with most feeling the camera is negligible and/or detracting from the game experience and the minority claiming it to be the best thing ever.

If Nintendo does make use of the camera, I advise them to do so with minimal support...otherwise i t will become a failed application like the Game Boy Printer.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For the puzzles, my answer is probably no. It would probalby wind up being more of a hassle than anything by being a mandatory gameplay feature. However, I would love to see the camera used in some kind of clever, optional way to enhance the gaming experience. Like the Photo Camo in Snake Eater 3D or the magnagates in Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

i wouldnt like them to use it, i'd like my Zelda 3DS to follow OoT3D and not be a gimmick laden monster, i'm so hoping that Zelda3DS wont use the 3D like Super Mario Land wanted you to do... any gimmicks as far as hardware being implemented into the software goes is a bad thing in my eyes, no hardware gimmick has enhanced any software thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom