• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Should Nintendo Release the Zelda Wii U Tech Demo on the eShop?

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I think they should, it would help the wait for Zelda Wii U be easier and it was one of the graphical showcases of the Wii U in 2011, maybe also let us play around in the room and fight Armogohma, what do you guys think?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Interesting idea. It might be cool but if the games art style is different to that of the tech demo I can imagine that some people would become confused. Personally I'm neutral on this, if they release it then I'll get it but if they don't I won't mind.

For me the WiiU Tech Demo is another lie from Nintendo. At e3 you could change night to day and play with two different camera angles, thats all you could do. and while it might be nice to download that and see the HD visuals without the shadow and reflection of the person playing it at e3, i think it'd get pretty boring pretty quickly. As for playing it (I assume nintnedo putting basic controls into it) it'd do really well and would be downloaded by almost everyone, but it wouldn't be the same. The way Link fights in the tech demo is very un-Link, we've never seen him fight like that during gameplay before, the Tech Demo is just a vaguely interactive movie and not meant to be played because like so many other nintendo trailers and previews for Zelda games, its showing us things and ways of playing that we'll never be able to do. Look at the way Link moves, how would they put controls in to mirror his movements with player command? Its very annoying nintendo keep lying to us, but yeah, downloading the actual Tech Demo itself to see it in person and faff with lighting and camera would be quite nice.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I never like the the idea of Demos...

Especially in a series like The Legend of Zelda, I always love that first moment when you put a Zelda disc in for the first time and I watch every little intro and cut-scene, plus the first time you actually you get to play a Zelda game should be when your actually playing it!

Another reason is the fact that once you get a small taste for the game and you realise its a demo you might want more and ironically it might actually not help with the wait as it will leave you with wanting more and that's like teasing us:(

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
For me the WiiU Tech Demo is another lie from Nintendo. At e3 you could change night to day and play with two different camera angles, thats all you could do. and while it might be nice to download that and see the HD visuals without the shadow and reflection of the person playing it at e3, i think it'd get pretty boring pretty quickly. As for playing it (I assume nintnedo putting basic controls into it) it'd do really well and would be downloaded by almost everyone, but it wouldn't be the same. The way Link fights in the tech demo is very un-Link, we've never seen him fight like that during gameplay before, the Tech Demo is just a vaguely interactive movie and not meant to be played because like so many other nintendo trailers and previews for Zelda games, its showing us things and ways of playing that we'll never be able to do. Look at the way Link moves, how would they put controls in to mirror his movements with player command? Its very annoying nintendo keep lying to us, but yeah, downloading the actual Tech Demo itself to see it in person and faff with lighting and camera would be quite nice.

I wouldn't really say it's lying, I'd say it's more like teasing us with something that might not happen since Sony and Microsoft did the same with the PS3 and 360. As for the gameplay and how Link fights and moves in the tech demo, they could just reuse Twilight Princess's gameplay technique or Skyward Sword, and considering the power/ram the Wii U has Nintendo now has tons of potential they can do with the gameplay, it's possible Nintendo could mirror those actions with Zelda Wii U.

I never like the the idea of Demos...

Especially in a series like The Legend of Zelda, I always love that first moment when you put a Zelda disc in for the first time and I watch every little intro and cut-scene, plus the first time you actually you get to play a Zelda game should be when your actually playing it!

Another reason is the fact that once you get a small taste for the game and you realise its a demo you might want more and ironically it might actually not help with the wait as it will leave you with wanting more and that's like teasing us:(

That is very true, I didn't think about that. I just think maybe releasing it a few weeks before Zelda Wii U releases would be acceptable, with Nintendo I don't know if they would be willing to release an actual demo for Zelda Wii U.

Last edited:

Deeds

no text
It would be quite cool to see how it actually appears on your Wii U. But as others have said, it would get boring and would only make me anxious to see more, whilst displaying nothing of a major importance, to me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom