• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo make more horror games?

Nintendo have had a couple of decent horror games in the past like Eternal Darkness and the exclusive Project Zero/Fatal Frame games.

Nintendo are masters of design and Eternal Darkness was wonderful and the likes of Project Zero have a delicious Japanese flavour to them... they seem to suit their Nintendo homes like a glove.

But rather than just owning third party IPs like Project Zero/Fatal Frame should Nintendo make a new horror IP?

In a time where survival horror and horror in general barely exists anymore, should Nintendo capitalize and breath some new life into the horror genre?

Do you think they could do it?

I disagree with this sentiment that horror doesn't exist anymore. Resident Evil, Dead Space, 5 Nights at Freddy's, Silent Hill, etc.... are all franchises that are going strong.

I certainly wouldn't mind a new horror IP from Nintendo like Eternal Darkness, but I feel they should focus their efforts on their current IPs that aren't being given as much exposure as they should (i.e. Metroid, F-Zero, Pikmin, Star Fox, etc...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom