• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo continue their "Classic Edition" line?

I feel like there's a lot of money to be had in this department. The NES Classic Edition is sold out in several different locations and I think Nintendo could see equal or greater success with other similar consoles. What classic editions would you like to see and what games should they come with?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
If they wanted to continue the idea, I think extending to the SNES and some handhelds might be the best route, but I don't think they should really go past that for the time meaning. I think the retro line sort of oversteps its welcome past that point, and the eshop would be a better venture than that. I'd love to use the SNES controller on the eshop though.

My answer is no for the time being. The MiniNES is there as a revenue spinner till the Switch hits. Once the Switch hits then we can just get the old games on it's VC.

So many people asked for a SNES remix to be made but that never happened either.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I would rather them really beef up the Virtual Console. I think having classic Nintendo games available on the same machine that I'm playing current games is the most brilliant idea. I think having a small NES or SNES replica would be super cool, and I'm kind of interested in the NESMini, but a large chunk of those games I already own on the Wii and Wii U VC, so it doesn't appeal to me as much. That and the fact that I have limited space under my TV with all the consoles I have (PSO, N64, 360, Wii, Wii U) and cable box ... I'd rather just have it virtually. As much as I'm against Digital, in this case it has its appeal.

I do think the mini nes (and possible mini snes) would be fun but I don't like the approach of having 30 games picked for you. I would rather have the choice to pick my games

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom