• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link get fat in BoTW 2

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
One of the problems with BoTW I found is that once you get enough good meals in your inventory you can just keep healing yourself indefinitely meaning it's almost impossible to die, making the game way too easy.

A way to put a stop to this would be that if link eats too many meals during a battle he becomes fat (complete with moblin belly jiggle physics) and loses speed as a result making the battle more challenging. This would encourage players learning to actually fight well, or to upgrade their health more or find better armour rather than just constantly gorging themselves.

Link could gain less weight with lean vegetable meals and more with fatty meals encouraging more healthy eating choices.

They could even add a chunder mechanic where if link eats too many meals in quick succession or rotten food he is physically sick. This is implemented in certain games usually where the player drinks too much alcohol but it might be an idea to do it for overindulgence too.

What do you think about these ideas? Should Nintendo go for a weight gain mechanic in BoTW2? Geralts beard growing over time in Witcher 3 was a small but wonderful thing so I think perhaps Zelda fans would enjoy greater realism too.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Ngl, I'd like to see something like this added just for the sake of it. Maybe not this specific kind of weight gain mechanic, but something that is reflected in Link's appearance as he progresses through his journey. Maybe by late game he's gotten built from all the swinging around of the weapons and such.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Well we know it's canon that botw Link has eaten (or at least attempted to eat) rocks so we know his powers of food consumption are beyond that of a normal Hylian. He has the metabolism of the goddesses, I guess.i feel like it'd be more unrealistic to have him gain weight, because then you'd have to monitor how long it takes (he wouldn't get to 300lbs overnight) so it might not make the cause of it clear. Plus, how would you get rid of it? Don't heal for x amount of days? There's just so many technicalities you'd have to factor into it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well we know it's canon that botw Link has eaten (or at least attempted to eat) rocks so we know his powers of food consumption are beyond that of a normal Hylian. He has the metabolism of the goddesses, I guess.i feel like it'd be more unrealistic to have him gain weight, because then you'd have to monitor how long it takes (he wouldn't get to 300lbs overnight) so it might not make the cause of it clear. Plus, how would you get rid of it? Don't heal for x amount of days? There's just so many technicalities you'd have to factor into it.

That was canon in BoTW but for BoTW 2 why not have link develop a thyroid problem? Maybe breathing in too many malice fumes triggers an autoimmune disease and his body attacks his own thyroid causing him to have the metabolism of a normal man again. Worse even, so that he gets fat quicker than a regular person, so that even a few rich meals blows him up like an octobaloon.

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
I think in this case videogames being unrealistic is definitely for the best.

Maybe it could be better to have a couple of difficulty modes (Normal and Hard... and maybe Masterquest or a New Game+ once you beat the game). In hard mode all enemies would do more damage and you'd recover health slower or have less hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom