• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Should I start over?

Should I restart the game?

• Total voters
So I was under the assumption the VA was not added to the Wii U. I know silly of me, but didn't really look into it, until I ran across someone else saying it was there. My sound settings were on surround, so it just didnt play through the speakers. I have beaten Ganon twice, done all dungeons, all shrines and all but 12 quests. I have put in well over 100 hours. However I feel I didnt get the whole experience due to the lack of the VA. I realize many will say it sucks but it is there so why not enjoy it.

Rambling aside, should I start all over to enjoy it?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Well, the voice acting is nothing special. All it did for me, was make me wonder why a mostly American market gets SOO many British actors (Star Wars 7, BoTW, ect)
If you feel like it wasn't the whole experience, then go ahead, but it's really just the memories that have the voice acting, so just replay those.

Well, the voice acting is nothing special. All it did for me, was make me wonder why a mostly American market gets SOO many British actors (Star Wars 7, BoTW, ect)
If you feel like it wasn't the whole experience, then go ahead, but it's really just the memories that have the voice acting, so just replay those.
Actually I'm pretty sure BotW has an all American voice cast... they just put on semi-British accents to fit in with the sort of hero and princess style setting that was inspired by European history.
Also, the new Star Wars films have a largely British cast because they were primarily filmed at Pinewood Studios in the UK (along with a number of on-site locations around the UK), and it made sense for them to use local actors to reduce travel costs.

Pen

The game is on!
Rambling aside, should I start all over to enjoy it?

I say only restart it if you legitimately feel like playing through the game again. If you just wanna experience the voice acting you can rewatch most of it through the memories that you access by pressing the R-button from the map screen (if I'm not mistaken).

All it did for me, was make me wonder why a mostly American market gets SOO many British actors (Star Wars 7, BoTW, ect)

As DragonEleven said, most if not all voice actors in BotW are indeed American. To me that was painfully obvious especially in Mipha but also in Zelda. I never actually looked up the voice actors, but their British accents were not very convincing to me. For the most part I just thought their failed attempts sounded rather silly.

As DragonEleven said, most if not all voice actors in BotW are indeed American. To me that was painfully obvious especially in Mipha but also in Zelda. I never actually looked up the voice actors, but their British accents were not very convincing to me. For the most part I just thought their failed attempts sounded rather silly.
I read that different localisations of the game have different voice acting. So your console is set to North America you get their voice actors, but if the console is set to UK/Europe then you get the UK/European voice actors. Same deal for Japan as they have their own voice actors too for the Japanese localisation.

Pen

The game is on!
I read that different localisations of the game have different voice acting. So your console is set to North America you get their voice actors, but if the console is set to UK/Europe then you get the UK/European voice actors. Same deal for Japan as they have their own voice actors too for the Japanese localisation.

Are you sure there are two different casts for American English and British English? I kind of doubt that's the case. I know certain languages have their own voice cast such as Japanese obviously and also probably German, French, Spanish etc. but I haven't heard of there being two versions of the English cast. Sounds a bit redundant if you ask me. Besides, I live in Europe and what I heard was definitely Americans trying to do British accents for a few of the characters, while some other characters actually spoke in an American accent that came more naturally for the American voice actors. Pretty sure that all the voice actors I heard were American. Revali, Daruk and Urbosa for example had American accents (probably the same ones as the default for the voice actors themselves) whereas Mipha and Zelda amongst others had British accents that sounded pretty forced most of the time.

I'm in the UK and have the same American voice actors as the US... that's why it's so obvious their attempts at the British accent are not actual British accents.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Wait, so they were INSTRUCTED to do British accents? Geez, no wonder Sidon sounded Jamacian when I first met him.

As far as I know it was totally different people doing the different localisation voice acting (NA, UK/EU, JP). Not the same peopel doing different accents.
Why would they have recorded two sets of English-speaking voice actors? Each language has a different set of voice actors, not each region.

MW7

I'd say if you were reading subtitles and understood the story, then replaying the whole game just for voice acting wouldn't be worth it. I'd wait until you want to replay the whole game for the sake of playing it again.

Thank you all for the responses. I may just hold off until the downloadable content, and go from there. I wish there were more save files.

Wait, the main thing holding you back is the lack of save files? Do not delete your main file. The wiiu has a user selection (similar to the switch's profiles). When you boot up the wiiu click on your mii in the top left corner to change (or create) to a new user. Each user has their own game file that does not interfere with another user's.

No problem ;)

I had my wiiu for about two years before I found it; they don't make it that well known or intuitive.

It is still a personal choice if you want to restart, but this should make it be not that big of a sacrifice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom