• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Should I Buy Ocarina of Time 3DS?

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Hey all, I grew up with the original Ocarina of Time on N64 as well as Majora's Mask. I was contemplating getting the 3DS and OoT 3DS but I was unsure if it was worth it. I know that the MasterQuest is back, as well as updated graphics and controls/item switch stuff....but is it really worth buying it just for graphics? Or is it better just to stick to my trusty N64 version? Do you think that the experience is better or the same/lesser? Should I really go out and buy a new console just to buy it? Also, if anyone could give a review on the overall gameplay,controls and feel of the game it would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to offer your takes on the game, as well as if you think it is worth it for a hardcore Zelda fan to buy. Thanks for the help! :)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Only you can answer the question whether it is worth it for you. I consider myself a hardcore Zelda fan, my N64 was bought with hard earned money from my very first job at age 14. I've lost the count on the many times I've played OoT, it just never gets old for me. Now, I'm the kind of fan who likes to have all incarnations of the things I like. So I have the original N64 casette, the GameCube disc with the Master Quest option, I even had the ROM for it on my computer for a while, but had to give that one up as targeting was impossible to do accurately with the arrow keys, and I bought my 3DS in anticipation for this game. For me it was worth it even before I started playing the game on my 3DS.

But whether you will agree, it's something you need to decide for yourself. I personally love the fact that I now can take my absolute favorite game with me everywhere, I love the 3D option, the graphics are way better (I love the nostalgia of the old graphics, but honestly these are better) and the fact that we have the Master Quest, the Master Gauntlet and some other add-ons is a major bonus. Another reason I bought the console is that I didn't already have a DS and I wanted to play the other Zelda games available on DS and getting the 3DS made that possible as well :)

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
As misskitten said before, only you can answer the question.

But, the game really is different now. The highly improved graphics and the new interface make the game different. Like I said in my own thread, it is a new experience. It is definitely worth a buy.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Well, here are the main reason five reasons I want to get the game, and yes, I have the original just like you.

1) Portability. I love Ocarina of Time, but the fact that I can play it anywhere I want is really appealing to me.
2) Updated graphics. The graphics and frame rate are incredibly enhanced, it looks absolutely beautiful.
3) 3D effect. I have not yet seen OoT 3D's 3D in action, but from what I have heard, it's stunning.
4) Easter eggs. Apparently, there are TONS of little goodies in the game that were not in the first one, and I think that would be really interesting to hunt 'em down.
5) Master Quest. I never did get to play the Master Quest, so I'm very interested in trying to 100% this or three-heart challenge it. (VERY hard)
6) Boss Challenge: Allows you to rebattle all of your previous bosses. Fun!
7) Master Quest Boss Challenge: Same reasons as above but even harder!
8) Boss Gauntlet: Has you battle all of the bosses in a row, opening two treasure chests at the end of each never knowing what you'll get! Fun, hard, and interesting!
9) Master Quest Boss Gauntlet: As hard as it gets, pal! Super extra hard all bosses in a row!

That's most of the reasons I want the game. ;)

If you consider yourself a nintendo fan, i would for sure pick up a 3ds and this game. The first party support for the 3ds this holiday season is gonna be great and im pumped. And you know that there will by a few 3ds exclusive zelda games on the 3ds. Here is the thing that will complicate things. the PS vita is gonna be $250 same as the 3DS so you know a 3ds price drop is commin within the next year or year in a half. I think if you are not really gonna play your 3ds for anything other than oot then its not really worth it. but if you think you can get alot more out of it then it would be a great call.

T

TheBluerayX

It's 4 in the morning here in Georgia and I cant wait to drag my parents over to buy me this game.
Its one of the greatest Zelda games, second favorite for me, and it's portable!
Since having the game in 3D and updated graphics isn't worth $40, they added Boss Challenge and the Boss Gauntlet mode. In addition to that, Master Quest was added for after you beat the original quest. Apparently, Master Quest is even harder, especially because enemies are supposed to give double damage. And now it's mirrored. All in all, by the end of today, I WILL have my hands on this.

Pen

The game is on!
I bought the game on the 17th and I'm really enjoying it! I would honestly recommend this game to everyone! The graphics are extraordinary and all the 3D effects are amazing! You really should buy it, if you have the money of course! ;)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I personally was thinking about the same thing and I've come to conclusion that I plan on getting a 3DS but not get OoT.

My reasons are
1. What's the sense of getting the same game I already have(even if portable)
2. In all essence it's really the same game but with tweaks to it
3. I'll wait for the price to go down

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
The LoZ OoT 3DS is pretty cool. My bro got it today! It's pretty intense! But that's my opinion. Maybe your opinion is different. Do you really want it? Just because it's popular and everyone has one, doesn't mean you have to get it, right?

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I got it a few hours ago. I reccomend it to any who are skeptical. I've just beaten Dodongo's Cavern and I am loving it. The control scheme is nice and smooth, and the updated graphics are simply amazimg and beautiful. Nintendo pulled a page from the Snapple playbook.

The best stuff on Earth just got better.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
I'm thinking the same thing you are, like it might not be worth the money to buy Oot 3D. It's basically the same game, just with different graphics for a different console. For me, I don't really see the point. Another factor against it is the fact that I don't have a 3DS, and probably won't be getting one anytime soon. I couldn't be buying one myself, because I'm too young for a job (just barely, I'm 15). The only time I'll be able to consider getting it is if I ever actually get a 3DS for a birthday or a holiday, which might not happen.
I admit though, the idea intrigues me, but I'm still not sure if it's worth the money to have 2 copies of the same game, with only a few slight tweaks of difference. Because I already have the N64 version, which I've had for years.

Hey all, I grew up with the original Ocarina of Time on N64 as well as Majora's Mask. I was contemplating getting the 3DS and OoT 3DS but I was unsure if it was worth it. I know that the MasterQuest is back, as well as updated graphics and controls/item switch stuff....but is it really worth buying it just for graphics? Or is it better just to stick to my trusty N64 version? Do you think that the experience is better or the same/lesser? Should I really go out and buy a new console just to buy it? Also, if anyone could give a review on the overall gameplay,controls and feel of the game it would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to offer your takes on the game, as well as if you think it is worth it for a hardcore Zelda fan to buy. Thanks for the help! :)

Well its your decision in the end mate.
I have it for the N64 and i got it again for the Gamecube.
I however will bot be getting it because its for the 3DS

Its great though that this classic is not forgotten about as there will be people who have never played it before and this gives them the chance to play it.
For me its not really worth getting it just solely for graphical improvements.
If you really want the 3DS do not get it just for one game seems a waste of money just getting it for that reason.

As i say i have it for both the GC and the N64 but i prefer to p;lay it on the console ot first came on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom