• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Should AoC Have Alternate Endings?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
But why not? Why not go a little crazy with it and include alternate tales and tellings? This is a Hyrule Warriors game. It's not exactly a serious storytelling game.

The very purpose of the game is to tell the backstory of BoTW so I wouldn't say it isn't a serious storytelling game seeing as that's why it was made.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The very purpose of the game is to tell the backstory of BoTW so I wouldn't say it isn't a serious storytelling game seeing as that's why it was made.

I mean, I would. Including a super serious business ending that leads into Breath of the Wild doesn't mean you can't expand upon the story in other ways with a new ending scenario.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I don't think it should. Since it's a prequel of BotW, it should be faithful and tell the story of the Great Calamity as it happened. Having alternate endings just doesn't make much sense for the game IMO, and we don't need more alternate timeline theories, lol.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I wouldn't want it unless it sets us up for an OoT situation of an alternative future that could be used for a game after BOTW 2. But other wise don't do it.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Nah, let them all burn. We all know what happens, but now we want to see exactly how it does. Plus, I think telling the story as intended sets up for an interesting gaming experience where the player knows that despite best efforts and all previously successful campaigns, you're always destined to lose.

Absolutely not. Breath of the Wild had to play out the way it did. Link had to lose his memories, because he had to choose who he wanted to be as the hero. In the Era of Calamity, he was always told how to get to the next step. His father was a knight, he had the full support of the royal family. In the Era of the Wild, Link reclaimed his past, but he also created his own identity, and that couldn't have happened if he hadn't lost his memories. He could not have defeated Ganon 100 years ago. The Champions had to lose, and I don't want to see any kind of alternate ending. Breath of the Wild already tells a greatly emotionally resonant story, and letting the Champions live would ruin it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope they shouldn't add an alt ending or multiple endings. This is meant as a prequel to BotW and we're able to see what Hyrule looked like before being destroyed by Calamity Ganon. To create another ending or even an alt ending wouldn't do justice to BotW. Neither should it have a timeline split like in ooT because that would make things more complicated. The whole timeline thing is already complicated and inconsistent so to add another timeline split would make it even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom