• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Shield Utilization

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
If only there was a way to convince them of such. I hope they do, though.

But, they really really really really really neeeeeed to make a way to block with your blade, as well

Blocking with your blade would help in situations like OoT with the Giant's Knife.
+
That would require the shield to be destructible, otherwise, why else would you block with a sword? Link's not a Jedi.:rolleyes:

No, he's not(although I enjoy thinking a Jedi Link with a Master Sword and an indestructible Hylian Shield*fantasizes:cool:*), but anyone can(I said, "can," not will) use a sword to block and parry. You can't block powerful attacks with a blade, so the sword wouldn't ever be as good as the shield.
I meant for the sword to have some sort of ability of blocking, it only makes sense.

Salem

SICK
No, he's not(although I enjoy thinking a Jedi Link with a Master Sword and an indestructible Hylian Shield*fantasizes:cool:*), but anyone can(I said, "can," not will) use a sword to block and parry. You can't block powerful attacks with a blade, so the sword wouldn't ever be as good as the shield.
I meant for the sword to have some sort of ability of blocking, it only makes sense.
Doesn't attacking with the sword block some projectile attacks? Or did I remember wrong? at least that's the case in alttp.

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
Very true, it's also that way on the hand-held games.
I've always had a personal problem with it, though, since OoT. When you try to block with the Giant's Knife or Megaton Hammer, you see Link set-up th weapon for a block, yet there's no blocking, at all, not even a half-damage block. And, I would've enjoyed seeing the enemy hit your blade in SS.

Salem

SICK
^Wait, are you sure the giant's knife and hammer don't block? Then does the biggoron sword does? I don't remember, even though I played the game recently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom