• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Shield Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

earmic

I am at the early stages of the game, I just entered Faron Woods and got two ancient relics to go along with my claws and jelly blobs. I upgraded my shield to the banded shield, but now I can't select either one, I have none. when I select it, nothing happens, I'm defenseless. Please help, I've tried everything.

By holding the minus-button you should be able to see any shield that's available to you. If there's no shield there this means that a) it has been broken or b) you left it in the Bazaar in Skyloft with the annoyed lady.

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
Perhaps it broke? Did you use the banded shield yet, or did it upgrade than disappear? Make sure that you hold the Wii mote over the shield icon. I'm not sure what to tell you if the shield just disappeared without your having used it.

E

earmic

I have upgraded the shield and it shows up on my gear screen, both shields as a matter of fact, I bought a wooden one also. when I hold down - and drag the remote over either shield (like it says to do..) and release the - button, all it does is describe the item, when i return to the play screen, I have no shield.

E

earmic

No, all it does is describe the item, no 'equipped" comes up. I have two potions also, and when I press the - button when on the play screen, it brings those out.

What's grey?
Are you pressing - on the menu screen or play screen? To equip a shield, you have to press and hold - and point to the shield on the play screen.

E

earmic

On the menu screen, I have 4 places, I have 2 potions, and one banded shield. when I press and hold the - button (in the center) and "drag' the remote to the shield, it shows the white line, and promps, release to select, which I do. Then it goes to the description of the object, in this case the banded shield, and I am prompted to select A when done reading, which I do, and it returns to the play screen with no shield. Am I not far enough along to use it here? I should be able to at least use my wooden shield. Which I can't select either. I have saved my game at the point just before I get the upgrade, and I've gone back and tried it again, same result. Am I selecting the item right?

Got it! I was not doing it on the play screen, just on the menu screen. Thank you all for the help! I'm not getting any younger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom